Sydney, 22 April 2015
St.George today announced a relief package to assist customers who are suffering hardship as a result of the worst hit storm areas in NSW.
St.George Bank’s Disaster Relief Package offers immediate financial help to customers affected by the storms, with St.George staff providing additional support for those in need through the local branches and contact centres.
“Our thoughts are with all those who have been affected by these storms, especially across the Newcastle & Hunter regions,” said General Manager St.George Retail Banking, Andy Fell.
“St.George understands that times like these can be difficult, not only emotionally, but financially. We are extending support to our customers to help alleviate any concerns they have with their financial commitments, so that they can concentrate on their safety and well-being.”
“We are fast-tracking insurance claims and our assessors are ready to assist all customers in the worst affected areas."
The St.George Bank Disaster Relief Package offers:
- Affected customers with St.George home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase.
- Affected credit card customer may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- St.George will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected St.George customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation.
Customers experiencing severe hardship will also be offered a halt on all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
St.George customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures or need assistance should contact St.George on 13 33 30 or contact their local branch.
All affected customers should contact 1300 655 489 so that temporary accommodation and emergency funds can be arranged. Claims can be lodged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling this number.
Our assessors will be ready to assist all customers in the worst affected areas. Customers should not put themselves at risk by going into affected areas to retrieve insurance documents or to take photographs. We understand proof of loss may not be possible and we will accept the word of customers in these instances.