We have a proud history of supporting our customers, communities and employees in the face of natural disasters such as bushfires, storms, floods or cyclones.
COVID-19: Customer Support
At St.George we are committed to supporting our customers and the wider community here in Australia and will continue to do so as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
For out more information click here.
Disaster Relief Package
To help manage the impact of natural disasters on your finances, we’ve set up Disaster Relief Packages. Depending on the nature of the disaster, these packages generally include:
- Affected customers with St.George home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- St.George will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected St.George customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation. Contact us to find out if you are eligible or to make a claim
- Customers experiencing severe hardship may also be offered a halt on all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
- Affected business customers with merchant facilities are eligible to receive assistance including monthly terminal access fee refunds for up to three months. Contact us to find out if you are eligible on 1300 650 977.
Bushfire Recovery Support Package
St.George as part of the Westpac Group, has established additional measures to our existing Disaster Relief Package to support the rural fires service, our customers and a number of organisations assisting with the recovery process.
Extending our Disaster Relief Package to support volunteer firefighters
Our Disaster Relief Package has been extended to support volunteer firefighters active in fighting the current bushfires across NSW, Victoria & South Australia and offers financial assistance to affected customers including:
- Home loan repayment deferral for up to 3 months
- Interest waivers, fee cancellations and term extensions
We have also committed $300,000 to state based volunteer fire services to continue to support the emergency workers on the front line.
Bushfire Assistance Package for Life insurance customers
To assist our Life insurance customers adversely impacted by the 2019 – 2020 bushfires we are offering a Bushfire Assistance Package which provides a premium waiver period of 3 months for policy holders. Cover will continue on the policies during the premium waiver period under this package.
Life insurance policy holders can apply for this assistance from 1 November 2019 until 30 June 2020.
If you have any questions about the Protection Plans Bushfire Assistance Package, please speak to your financial adviser, or call us on 131817 Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 6.30pm (AEST).
Drought Assistance Package
In response to the exceptional drought circumstances affecting many Australians, we will be extending our ongoing support to existing customers under a new Drought Assistance Package. We have committed $100 million to support our farmer and agribusiness customers.
For more information read about our Drought Assistance and Disaster Relief.
In addition to the immediate relief packages, we also offer you longer term support. We’re collaborating at a national level on ways we can help build more resilient communities in the face of future natural disasters.
We have created a donations feature to make it easier for customers to support any national disaster relief, by being able to donate directly via the St.George Mobile Banking app, rather than having to visit a branch.
To make a donation click here