Manage your business
Business planning and management tools
Have you moved from being an employee to a business owner without having time to learn the necessary business management skills? Here's a selection of tools and information to help set your business up for success.
- Defining your business vision
- Writing a business plan
- Starting a business
- Running a business
- Keeping on track with KPIs
- Effective time management
- Systemising your business
The following sites offer useful tips, templates, links and other information:
- Australian Venture Capital Association
- NSW Government Industry & Investment
- The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) offers extensive information and detailed reports on business types, outcomes, demographics, and more, that can greatly increase the quality of your business planning.
- The Commonwealth Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research has a small business section, including a wide selection of links.
There are Business Licence Information Services in each capital city which can tell you what sort of permit, licence or registration your business will need.
Each state and territory government provides information and resources for businesses: