Same day settlement
Get better cash flow with same day settlement of your funds to your St.George transaction account3.
Payments; anytime, anywhere2
Accept payments anywhere you have a data connection by connecting the secure card reader to your smartphone or tablet using Bluetooth®. Process payments even longer with the rechargeable card reader battery.
Fast, easy payments
Accept payments and issue refunds on the spot with a device that is compatible with most debit and credit card types (Mastercard®, Visa, eftpos and American Express® 4).
Manage your business better
View the last 20 transactions on the go within the Mobile PayWay app as well as email receipts to customers with unique payment reference numbers for easier reconciliation and reporting.
Support for multiple users
Assign multiple users to the one Mobile PayWay facility where each user has their own password.
How it works
Enjoy no minimum monthly fees - only pay for the transactions you take.
Accept card payments up to a maximum limit of $7,500 per month.
|Visa and Mastercard transaction fee||2.4% of each transaction amount|
|Eftpos transaction charge||$0.30 per transaction|
|Card reader fee||$100 for each card reader|
All of the above fees are GST inclusive. Additional fees apply; see our Terms and Conditions for details.
How to apply
To start, you'll need to provide details about:
- Your business type and structure
- Your estimated card sales
- The nominated St.George account you'd like to settle in (the account name must match your personal or registered business name)
Mobile PayWay eligibility
Before you apply please review our eligibility criteria.
To be eligible for Mobile PayWay you must:
- Have a St.George bank account to receive your funds, the name of this account must match the applying registered business or personal name. If you do not have a St.George account, please contact us on 133 800 to open an account then return to this page.
- Be a permanent Australian resident (includes New Zealand citizens residing in Australia).
- Be 18 years or older.
- Not have had a merchant facility terminated by St.George or any other Australian financial institution within the last 12 months.
- Operate a business that is registered in Australia.
- Conduct face to face transactions with your customers (a debit or credit card must be inserted or swiped to process transactions).
- Not operate a business structure that is a trust or where the bank account provided is a Trust account.
Download the app
Applications for Mobile PayWay are subject to approval. Terms and conditions, fees and charges apply. Full details are available on request.
1. Mobile PayWay is designed for smartphones or tablets: iPhone or iPad utilising iOS7 and above (iPhone must be 4S or later), and Android™ smartphones or tablets using version 5 or above.
2. Internet connection is required to use Mobile PayWay. Normal mobile data charges apply. Mobile PayWay is only to be used for accepting payments within Australia.
3. Applies to transactions processed before 6pm (Sydney time). Settlement takes place 7 days a week, 365 days a year - subject to system availability. Settlement must be to a St.George account.
4. If you want to accept American Express, you’ll need to call 1300 363 614 to enter a separate merchant agreement with American Express.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and use of the mark by Westpac is under license.
Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Visa® is a registered trademark of Visa International Pte Ltd.
American Express® is a registered trademark of the American Express Company.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.