directshares lets you buy and sell shares, warrants, options, ETFs and managed funds online – with competitive fees per trade and the latest research at your fingertips.
- Get 10* free trades when you open a share trading account before 30 November 2015
- Our brokerage rates start from just $19.95*
- We have a dedicated Australia-based call centre to answer all your questions
- Free, detailed ‘how to trade’ guidance on our Investor website
- Manage your tax reporting with our free standard Tax Tools
- It’s free to open an account and there are no account keeping fees
- Link your eligible# existing cash account with your directshares account to view and manage your funds.
How to apply
* Conditions apply. See below for details:
1. Offer applies to new directshares customers who open a directshares account via the 'Apply now' button on this page between 30 November 2014 to 30 November 2015.
2. Offer only open to residents of Australia and New Zealand.
3. Offer is not available to employees of the Westpac Group or E*TRADE Australia Securities Limited or their immediate families.
4. Offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
5. Brokerage will be waived for your first 10 online share or ETF trades where the trade value is up to $45,454 and the trade is made within 30 days of your directshares account being opened. Where your trade value for any one of your first 10 online share or ETF trades is over $45,454, the first $50 brokerage (including GST) will be waived for that trade and you will have to pay the additional brokerage at directshares' standard rates. Free brokerage is up to the value of $500 (incl. GST).
6. The $19.95 brokerage rate will apply for the first online trade up to $5,000 and each subsequent online trade up to or equal to $18,000 for that calendar month. For full details, visit rates and fees.
7. You can use most St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA deposit accounts to link to your directshares broking account. If you are unsure if your account is eligible call 1300 133 500. Ineligible accounts include Maxi Saver accounts, Fixed Term accounts, Sense Savings accounts and Business Access Saver accounts.
8. The minimum value of shares you can purchase in one company through directshares is $600, plus brokerage.
9. There are no monthly account-keeping fees or subscription fees in relation to a directshares broking account. An account maintenance fee may apply. For full details visit rates and fees.
10. The offer only applies to ASX-listed equities conducted online through the directshares service, but excludes options, warrants and managed funds.
11. The directshares SharePack is not included in the offer.
12. The offer does not apply to trades that will settle through a margin loan account.
13. The offer does not apply upon failure to settle any trade.
14. We reserve the right to terminate this offer at any time.
15. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
This information has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation and needs. Because of this, you should, before acting on this information, consider its appropriateness, having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs.
The © directshares service is provided by E*TRADE Australia Securities Limited ("E*TRADE Australia") ABN 93 078 174 973 AFSL No. 238277, at the request of St.George Bank - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL No. 233714 ("St.George"). Execution, settlement and clearing is undertaken through E*TRADE Australia. St George does not represent E*TRADE Australia. Similarly E*TRADE Australia does not represent St.George.