Maxi Saver account features
Earn interest on the entire balance, no matter how big or small
Competitive rates to make your money work harder
Bank on the go
Internet, mobile & phone banking
Why open a Maxi Saver account?
Earn interest while enjoying easy access to your money.
- $0 monthly service fee (fees may apply to your linked account)2
- Access your funds through your linked St.George transaction account
What you should know about fees and charges.
Frequently asked questions
Other ways to open an account
You can also apply over the phone or in branch.
Get more from your Maxi Saver account
More ways to make your banking easier.
Know exactly how much money you have on hand, at a glance at your smartphone or watch.
The same high security as the other login methods, and it's backed by the same fraud protection3.
Bank conveniently & securely
Access your funds through your linked St.George transaction account 24/7 through Mobile and Internet Banking.
Outstanding security for your savings
Guaranteed under the Financial Claims Scheme
St.George savings accounts are "protected accounts" under the Australian Government's Financial Claims Scheme4
24/7 Fraud monitoring
Whether you're banking online or over the phone, St.George safeguards your information and money with stringent security measures.
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
You'll be reimbursed for any losses due to unauthorised transactions, provided you report it to us promptly and haven't contributed to the loss3.
Conditions and fees apply.
Before making a decision, it’s best to read the terms and conditions.
- Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts - Banking Services Terms and Conditions and General Information
- Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts - Fees & Charges and How to Minimise Them
- Interest rates for NSW, ACT, SA & NT
- Interest rates for VIC, QLD, WA & TAS.
- Before using Internet or Phone Banking, please read the Terms and Conditions and before using Mobile or Tablet Banking, please read our Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions.
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 33 30.
- If you open a Maxi Saver account and you have not held an Maxi Saver Account before and you are a personal customer, you'll earn an Introductory Fixed Bonus Rate of % p.a. on top of the standard variable interest rates (standard base rate and bonus rate when the bonus rate criteria is met) during the Introductory Rate Period. The Introductory Rate Period is the first 3 months from the date your account is opened.
- Maxi Saver has no monthly account service fee but other fees and charges apply, including for branch access. To hold a Maxi Saver account you must also hold an eligible St.George account in the same name or have an existing eligible St.George joint account with your name included in the title. Fees and charges may be payable on the other account.
- Refer to the terms and conditions for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
- Payments under the FCS are subject to a limit for each depositor. For more information see the APRA website