New Complete Freedom customers open an account by 30th of September and deposit $500 within 60 days and we'll contribute another $50 to your account (conditions apply*)
Complete Freedom account features
No ATM withdrawal fee at over 3,000 St.George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA & Westpac ATMs in Australia
Shop securely with a Visa debit card1 including paywave
Bank on the go
Internet, mobile & phone banking
Why open a Complete Freedom account?
Safe and secure everyday account packed with features and clever Mobile and Internet banking.
$0 monthly service fee if you deposit $2,000 per month (otherwise $5 per month)2
Free SMS and email alerts to manage your banking
Unlimited branch withdrawals
Option to link to home loan as an offset account
What you should know about fees and charges.
Frequently asked questions
Other ways to open an account
You can also apply over the phone or in branch.
Get more from your Complete Freedom account
More ways to make your banking easier.
Know exactly how much money you have on hand, at a glance at your smartphone or watch.
Is as secure as the other login methods, and it's backed by the same fraud protection3.
Withdraw cash from any St.George ATM by generating a cash code in our Mobile Banking app4.
Complete Freedom, and outstanding security
If you misplace your card, you don't have to cancel it. With the Card Block feature on our mobile banking app, you can freeze it for up to 15 days while you look for it5.
24/7 Fraud monitoring
Whether you're banking online or over the phone, St.George safeguards your information and money with stringent security measures.
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
You'll be reimbursed for any losses due to unauthorised transactions, provided you report it to us promptly and haven't contributed to the loss3.
Fees and Charges apply.
Before making a decision, it’s best to read the terms and conditions and decide whether the product is appropriate for you.
- Transaction, Savings + Investment Accounts Banking Services Terms and Conditions + General Information
- Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts - Fees & Charges and How to Minimise Them
- Interest rates for NSW, ACT, SA & NT
- Interest rates for VIC, QLD, WA & TAS
- Before using Internet or Phone Banking, please read the Terms and Conditions and before using Mobile or Tablet Banking, please read our Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions.
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it’s right for you. If you need help, call 13 33 30.
*Offer available to customers who have not held a Complete Freedom Account (including all joint account holders) anytime from 30 May 2015. The offer is not available on the Complete Freedom Student Account. Eligible customers need to open a Complete Freedom Account between 30 May 2016 and 30 September 2016 (inclusive) and deposit a minimum of $500 within 60 days of opening the account (an "eligible account"). Eligible customers will receive $50 deposited into their account on the next business day following the 60-day period. Accounts must remain open on the next business day following the 60-day period to be eligible for the $50 payment. Offer limited to one $50 deposit per eligible account capped to one $50 deposit per customer. For customers with multiple eligible accounts, only the first eligible account will receive the $50 deposit, which may include a joint account.
1. To be eligible for a Visa Debit Card, you must have an Australian residential address and be over 14 years of age. If you’re under 14, you can apply for a Freedom Card.
2. The monthly service fee of $5 will apply, if by the last business day of the month, you do not deposit a minimum of $2,000.
3. Refer to the terms and conditions for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
4. Cardless Cash is available on eligible transaction accounts with a linked card. Cardless Cash limit of 3 cardless transactions per day, subject to daily withdrawal limit of $500 and weekly withdrawal limit of $1,000. All Cardless Cash limits apply across St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne accounts and Mobile Banking apps.
5. Card Block will temporarily stop new transactions on your card for 15 days or until reactivated. The card will automatically reactivate after 15 days if you do not cancel the card. Customers must be registered for St.George Internet Banking. Available on Visa Debit or Visa Credit cards only. Internet connection is required to access St.George Mobile Banking app. Normal data charges apply.
6. Subject to system maintenance and availability.
Apple, the Apple logo iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.