Vertigo Platinum Card
Features and offers
Our lowest variable purchase rate — just 12.74% p.a. (21.49% p.a. variable on cash advances)
Complimentary travel insurance1
Complimentary purchase insurance1
Personal concierge service2
0% p.a. on balance transfers for 12 months when requested at card application3
0% p.a. on purchases for up to 6 months from card approval4
$0 annual fee in the first year for existing customers5
Variable purchase rate applies after the promotional periods. Offers end 2nd May 2017.
Platinum features in detail
Get travel insurance...
Unlimited hospital and medical expenses incurred overseas6
Up to $30,000 for lost or damaged personal property7
Up to $3,750 for alternative transport to a special event8
If you’re a permanent resident and charge at least $500 prepaid travel costs9 to your Vertigo Platinum card. Other terms apply for interstate travel.
...And purchase insurance
Up to 4 months cover against theft, loss or damage on selected purchases
Extended warranty insurance for up to 12 additional months on the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty10
Price guarantee cover of up to $300 on eligible purchases in Australia. If you find it cheaper within 21 days, you can claim the difference11.
Plus a 24/7 concierge service
Ever wanted a PA? Visa Platinum Concierge could be the next best thing.
Buy concert tickets
Research and book a holiday
Plan a special occasion
And much more. Let your imagination guide you.
Competitive interest rates
Low variable purchase rate of 12.74% p.a.
Variable cash advance rate of 21.49% p.a.
Interest free days
Up to 55 days interest free on purchases when you pay the closing balance (including any balance transfer amount) by the statement due date each month
Promotional balance transfer rate
0% p.a. for 12 months when requested at card application3.
Calculate how much interest you could save!
Promotional purchase rate
0% p.a. for up to 6 months from card approval4.
$99 ($0 for the first year for existing customers5)
2% of each cash advance amount
3% of the Australian dollar value
$0 annual fee in the first year for existing customers5
Offer ends 2nd May 2017
More great reasons to choose a St.George credit card
Avoid logging in to see your balance with our Quick Balance Tool and make payments a breeze with Visa payWave and Tap & Pay.
Security meets convenience
Fingerprint ID login means fast, secure access to mobile banking. You can even temporarily lock your lost or misplaced card in seconds.
Never miss a thing
Put your payments on auto-pilot and get back to living, with AutoPay bill alerts.
Ways to apply
Frequently asked questions
Have you got questions about applying?
Still not sure?
Use our helpful credit card selector tool kit to compare our cards.
Conditions, fees and credit criteria apply.
This card is issued as a Visa card.
View the terms and conditions:
- Credit Card Conditions of Use
- Credit Card Accounts Fees and Charges
- Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions
1. QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 which allows eligible St.George account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions, of the group policy, are set out in the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions, which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by calling 13 33 30 or download the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions.
2. Visa Platinum/Concierge (“Concierge”) is serviced by a third party supplier. By accessing or using the Concierge, or attempting to do so, you are deemed to have understood and agreed to the terms of usage.
3. The promotional balance transfer rate is available when you apply for a new St.George Vertigo Platinum card between 21st February 2017 and 2nd May 2017 and request at application to transfer balance(s) from non- St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. The variable purchase interest rate applies to balance transfers requested at any other time. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible. The balance transfer rate is not available in conjunction with any other promotion unless specified. Promotional rate will apply to any balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 95% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period, unless the amount is paid off earlier. The variable purchase rate will apply to balance(s) transferred but left unpaid after the promotional period. Card activation will trigger the processing of the balance transfer. St.George will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). Interest free days don’t apply to balance transfers.
4. The introductory rate of 0% p.a. for 6 on purchases is available when you apply for a new St.George credit card between 21st February 2017 and 2nd May 2017. The introductory rate will be applied from card approval and expires 12 months after the date of card approval. At the end of this period the introductory purchase rate will switch to the variable purchase rate then applicable to your card account and any purchases that remain unpaid at that time will revert to the standard variable purchase rate then applicable to your card account.
5. $0 annual fee in first year for Existing St.George customers promotion: To be eligible for this promotion you must be an existing St.George customer that applies for a new Vertigo, Vertigo Platinum, Amplify, Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card by clicking on the St.George customers 'Apply now’ button on this page between 21st February 2017 and 2nd May 2017 and make your first purchase within 12 months from card approval. The first annual fee will be debited on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter on the anniversary of the first annual fee.
6. Emergency dental is limited to A$2,000 per person and bed care patient allowance is limited to a total of A$15,000 (A$100 per day, e.g. miscellaneous expenses such as phone calls and TV rental). Note: No cover for pre-existing medical conditions, unless automatically covered as listed in the ‘Pre-existing medical conditions’ section of this booklet or prior approval given and the administrative fee is paid.
7. Up to A$20,000 per person and up to a maximum A$30,000 for a family subject to the limits detailed in our Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions. However property and personal goods left unattended in a motor vehicle are only insured up to A$5,000 in total.
8. “Special event” means a wedding, funeral, pre-paid conference, pre-paid sporting event or pre-paid concert, or other event which does not ordinarily occur on a regular basis which before you left Australia you had planned to attend. We reserve the right to determine if any other event other than those listed above qualifies as a special event.
9. Per person, to a limit of a spouse and one dependent child. Cardholders must purchase a return ticket and be under 80 years old. Further eligibility criteria may apply. Read all criteria in our Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions.
10. Provided the Australian warranty is for a period of six months or more up to a period of five years and the relevant item has a manufacturer’s unique identification serial number on it. The insurance does not affect the rights of cardholders against a manufacturer in relation to contravention of statutory or implied warranties under Australian legislation.
11. The scheme guarantees the cardholder the best price if the cheaper personal good has been advertised after the initial purchase in a printed catalogue from a store within 25 kilometres of the store from where the personal good was purchased and the price difference is greater than $75. The scheme will refund a price difference of up to $300.
12. Three additional cards can be issued on the primary cardholder's credit card account to any nominated person 16 or older provided the account is not a joint account. All transactions using an additional card will be the responsibility of the primary cardholder.