St.George offers a competitive range of deposit accounts that can be linked to the directshares online share trading account. These accounts are used for settlements of all buy and sell trades completed via your directshares account.
Three Easy Steps to Start Trading
- Open an eligible deposit account# with St.George. To make things easier for you we have provided you with a couple of options to choose from below
- Complete your identification for your new deposit account
- Open your directshares trading account online~. Once you have completed and submitted the application you will be given immediate access to the directshares website and our extensive range of trading tools and research. You'll also be able to trade as soon as we have received and processed your signed application form and a copy of your St.George eligible bank account statement.
Investment Cash Account
This account is suitable for investors looking for a high interest paying account with convenient access to funds.
Investment Cash Account Benefits include:
- No monthly account service fee
- Competitive tiered interest rates - the higher your balance, the higher the interest rate. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly.
- Branch, ATM, EFTPOS and cheque access
- Free everyday banking transactions using Internet and Phone Banking
- Convenience of setting up to receive your share dividend payments
- Freedom Card (ATM card)
This account is suitable to use for your everyday banking needs and provides the convenience of a Visa Debit card.^
Complete Freedom benefits include:
- Unlimited Branch, ATM, EFTPOS, Cheque, Internet and Phone Banking transactions+
- Pay no monthly Account Service Fee when you deposit $2,000 or more by the last business day of the month, otherwise a flat $5 monthly fee applies
- Option to access your funds using a Visa Debit card and use as your everyday banking account^
Before deciding to acquire or continue to hold a product, you should read the Terms and Conditions and ensure the product is appropriate. The governing Terms and Conditions documents for Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts includes the:
- Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts -Terms and Conditions + General Information Fees & Charges and How to Minimise Them
- Interest rates for NSW, ACT, SA & NT
- Interest rates for VIC, QLD, WA & TAS
The Terms and Conditions are important and we encourage you to view, save and/or print this document. If you would like a paper copy of the document please visit your local branch or request one by post. St.George issues the products on this website.
The St.George Complete Freedom Account is issued by St.George Bank - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation (ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233 714).
The St.George Investment Cash Account is issued by St.George Bank - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation (ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233 714).
Any advice on this website is prepared without consideration of you personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on this advice, you should consider if it is appropriate for you.
Conditions and fees apply
+ Daily transaction limits apply
^ Visa Debit cards are available if you are over 18 and have an Australian residential address
# You can use most St.George or BankSA deposit accounts to link to your directshares broking account. Please contact us on 1300 133 500 to determine whether your St.George or BankSA deposit account is eligible.
~ Opening an account is subject to acceptance of your application.
© 2015 the directshares service is provided by Share Investing Limited ABN 93 078 174 973 AFSL 238277, an ASX and Chi-X Australia Market Participant, at the request of St.George Bank - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (“St.George”). Execution, settlement and clearing is undertaken by Share Investing Limited. St.George does not represent Share Investing Limited. Similarly Share Investing Limited does not represent St.George.