Servicing Wholesale applicants
Who can apply for a St.George Margin Loan as a Wholesale Investor?
You can qualify as a Wholesale Client if you can provide us with a copy of a certificate issued by a qualified accountant (as defined in the Corporations Act) that states that you:
- have net assets of at least AUD2.5million; or
- have a gross income for each of the last two financial years of at least AUD250, 000 a year.
If you do not qualify as a Wholesale Client, please complete the standard St.George Margin Lending Loan Application
Features and benefits
With a St.George Margin Loan you can borrow to invest, helping you to diversify your investments and build your wealth so you can prepare for the best in the future
Dedicated relationship manager
Streamlined application process
Flexible loan structure
Choice of approved securities
Please call our dedicated Premium Equity Relationship Managers on 1300 365 591 during business hours.
Risks associated with a Margin Loan
Like any investment, there are some risks:
- Borrowing to invest can increase your potential returns; it can also increase potential losses.
- The value of securities may not go up, or, if they go up, the increase in value may not be sufficient to cover the costs of the investment.
- You need to ensure that you can fund your obligations under your loan including any interest, fees and charges. If you can’t, the securities will be sold to satisfy these obligations.
- You should also consider the taxation consequences and seek independent professional tax advice.
Apply for a St.George Wholesale Margin Loan
Before you apply for a St.George Margin Lending facility, all wholesale applicants must read:
- The CHESS explanation, the Supplementary Risk Disclosure Statement, the St.George Margin Lending Facility Agreement and the St.George Privacy Statement and other reporting obligations which are contained in the Application booklet (PDF 190kb) and
- The St.George Margin Lending Financial Services Guide
From 12 November 2016, the existing unfair contract term protections for consumers will also cover standard form small business contracts. As part of our focus to continually improve the products and services we provide to our customers, we have reviewed our contracts for potentially unfair terms and we are now implementing some changes to them as a consequence of that review. Read more about the Unfair Contract Legislation (UCT) changes.
For your information, St.George Margin Lending also produces a Margin Loan — Product Disclosure Statement for retail investors. You may want to consider reading this document as it includes useful information about the product.
St.George Bank - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation (ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714) is the issuer of the St.George Margin Lending Margin Loan Product Disclosure Statement (“PDS”). This information has been prepared without taking into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. For this reason, before acting on the information you should consider its appropriateness to your objectives, financial situation or needs and consider the disclosure documents which include the PDS. The PDS and other disclosure documents are relevant when deciding whether to acquire or hold this product and can be obtained by calling 1300 304 065. Applications for credit are subject to the Bank's prevailing lending criteria. Terms and conditions apply to the product.