Visa Debit Card
Convenient and secure card access to your money – at home and overseas
A Visa Debit Card2 is not a credit card – it’s a debit card with no annual fee that gives you convenient access to funds in your transaction account in Australia and around the world – anywhere Visa is accepted.
- You can shop securely online, at home, over the phone, or overseas – wherever Visa is accepted. Best of all, you can use your own money from your account (not credit from a credit card)
- Withdraw cash at ATMs in Australia and around the world (just look for the Visa logo)
- Link up to two accounts to your Visa Debit Card and enjoy instant access to your accounts by pressing ‘CHQ’ or ‘SAV’
- Stay in control of your spending using your own money in your account
- Security – Added protection with chip technology, giving you the latest card security
- Speed - For a simple and fast payment option, choose Visa payWave. Just wave and go There’s no need to enter a PIN or sign for purchases under $100.
Convenience of a Visa card
- Shop securely online, at home, over the phone, or overseas – wherever Visa is accepted
- Use money from your own St.George transaction account and stay in control of your spending
Link Visa Debit to any of these accounts
- Use your Visa Debit card to withdraw cash at any ATM worldwide that displays the Visa logo – no need to carry cash or travellers cheques
- Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that any unauthorised transaction claims will be reimbursed provided that the cardholder has not contributed to the loss and contacted us promptly1.
- Verified by Visa provides an online guarantee so you can shop with confidence
- St.George Secure protects your Internet and Phone Banking.
- Visa Preferred Services gives you benefits on everything from concerts to cinema, to sporting events and travel offers
|Using your Visa Debit Card
||To withdraw cash
||Get the most from your Visa Debit card when you press ‘CREDIT’
|Purchase goods and services in Australia and overseas wherever the Visa logo is displayed:
- Press CREDIT, CHEQUE or SAVINGS button and your PIN or signature
- Online or over the phone, quote card number, expiry and card or account name
|Withdraw cash from your linked St.George account at ATMs in Australia or worldwide:
- Press CREDIT, CHEQUE or SAVINGS button and enter your PIN
|Pressing CREDIT (instead of CHEQUE or SAVINGS):
See more on security
- Activates 24.7 Falcon™, which monitors your transactions and notifies you of any unusual activity
- Provides Chargeback Protection: the right to reverse your transactions, such as where you’ve been overcharged or failed to receive your online purchases
|On your linked St.George account, you may be eligible for a certain number of fee-free Visa Debit transactions
|See more about using Visa Debit
- 13 33 30 and say “New account” when prompted
- With a Visa Debit card, Visa Preferred Services gives you benefits on everything from concerts to cinema, to sporting events and travel offers.
Conditions and fees apply.
1Refer to the Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts – Banking Services Terms and Conditions and General Information for full details of when cardholders may be liable.
2Visa Debit Card available to customers who have an Australian residential address and are over the age of 14. If you are less than 14 years old and are a full time student, please contact us on 13 33 30 or visit any branch.
Falcon™ is a trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation.
This information doesn’t take your circumstances into account. Read the terms before making a decision.