Online identity verification terms
By proceeding with online identity verification, you:
- agree to St.George making an identity verification request (verification request) and disclosing your name, residential address, and date of birth (personal information) electronically on your behalf using Equifax Pty Limited, ABN 29 080 662 568 (Equifax) in accordance with these terms.
- confirm that you are authorised to provide the personal information presented.
We may ask Equifax to provide an assessment of whether your personal information matches (in whole or part) to personal information held by Equifax. We do this only for the purpose of verifying your identity as required under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006. Equifax may prepare and provide a verification assessment to us. Equifax may use your personal information, and personal information of other individuals to prepare the verification assessment.
You also appoint St.George as your agent to contact Commonwealth and State Government agencies and private sector organisations (database owners) electronically on your behalf using Equifax, to verify the personal information you have provided to St.George, including your mobile number and email address. The relevant database owners will only be used where you provide additional document details for verification, for example details for your Driver's Licence or Medicare card.
For more information on how the database owners handle personal information, please refer to the database owners' privacy policies on their website, or contact them individually to get more information.
Equifax owns and/or manages the following databases:
- Consumer Credit Report
- Commercial Credit Report
- Equifax Public Records
- National Tenancy database
- Commonwealth Electoral Roll
- Insurance Reference Database
- Equifax Phone Number Directory.
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade - Australian Passport Office
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection. - Visa
Various State Government Authorities:
- ACT Road Transport Authority
- NSW Road and Maritime Services
- QLD Transport and Main Roads
- VIC VicRoads
- WA - Department of Transport
- SA Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure
- NT - Department of Transport
- TAS - Department of Transport
- Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages.
Note: The confirmation of your identity using the credit reporting information will not be recorded as an enquiry on your consumer credit report.