Investments & Super
Check your super in seconds
If you've changed jobs, done casual or part-time work, moved house or changed your name, then you could be one of many Australians who have lost track of some super.
- Find your super in seconds with a SuperCheck - Just logon to Internet Banking or click Logon & Search below
- If you don't have St.George Internet Banking yet, you can complete a SuperCheck once you've opened a BT Super for Life account.
Super made super easy
Sometimes it's best to get the help of a professional, so we've partnered with BT to make super much simpler with BT Super for Life.
- Side by side banking - manage your super in BT Super for Life right alongside your everyday St.George banking
- No commissions or withdrawal fees - which could add up to more super for you
- Flexible investment options - our lifestage funds automatically adjust according to your age. Or, choose your own mix from our menu.
Trade through the bank you trust
- Value for money - open a directshares account before 31 December 2017 and we'll give you your first 10 trades free to get you going with a head start*
- Investment tools - extensive range of investment tools, including independent research and timely stock tips
- Help and guidance - free, detailed 'how to trade' guidance on our Investor website
Certainty of return on your investment
St.George Term Deposits give you the certainty of a fixed interest rate along with a choice of terms.
- Earn a competitive interest rate with no setup or monthly fees. Use our Term Deposit calculator
- Flexible maturity options from 1 month to 5 years
- Access and manage your funds via Online and Mobile Banking
This page does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and so you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before taking any step.
SuperCheck involves a search for superannuation being undertaken by BT Funds Management Limited ABN 63 002 916 458, AFSL No.233724 (BTFM), the trustee and issuer of interests in BT Super for Life, which is a part of Retirement Wrap ABN 39 827 542 991. You should obtain a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for BT Super for Life and consider it before making any decision about it. You can download a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), obtain a copy by calling 1300 653 553 or by visiting a branch.
Before requesting a rollover, you should consider where your future employer contributions will be paid (if your employer contributions are currently being paid to another fund) and check with your fund(s) to determine whether there are any fees, including exit or withdrawal fees, for moving your benefit, or other loss of benefits (e.g. insurance cover), noting that you may not receive the same type or level of benefits after the rollover. If you have a pre-existing medical condition you may not receive a benefit for a death or disability claim. Please check to see if you are covered before submitting your application.
BTFM is a member of BT Financial Group – A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac). An investment with BT Financial Group is not an investment in, deposit with or any other liability of Westpac or any other company in the Westpac Group. It is subject to investment risk, including possible delays in repayment of withdrawal proceeds and loss of income and principal invested. Westpac and its related entities do not stand behind or otherwise guarantee the capital value or investment performance of an investment with BT Financial Group.
St.George Financial Planning are representatives of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141, AFSL 233714.
The © 2015 the directshares service is provided by Share Investing Limited ABN 93 078 174 973 AFSL 238277, an ASX and Chi-X Australia Market Participant, at the request of St.George Bank - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (“St.George”). Execution, settlement and clearing is undertaken by Share Investing Limited. St.George does not represent Share Investing Limited. Similarly Share Investing Limited does not represent St.George.
* Conditions Apply. See below for details:
1. Offer applies to new directshares customers who open a directshares account via the 'Apply now' button on this page between 1 January 2016 and 31 December 2017.
2. Offer only open to residents of Australia and New Zealand.
3. Offer is not available to employees of the Westpac Group or Share Investing Limited or their immediate families.
4. Offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
5. Free brokerage is up to the value of $500 (incl. GST) (the "Offer Value"). The first $50 (including GST) of brokerage on each contract note will be waived, for your first 10 online share or ETF trades made within 30 days of your account being opened, up to a total value of $500 (including GST). Where your trade value is over $45,454, the first $50 brokerage (including GST) will be waived; you will have to pay the additional brokerage at directshares' standard rates.
6. The offer only applies to ASX-listed equities conducted online through the directshares service, but excludes options, warrants and managed funds.
7. The directshares SharePack is not included in the offer.
8. The offer does not apply to trades that will settle through a margin loan account.
9. The offer does not apply upon failure to settle any trade.
10. We reserve the right to terminate this offer at any time.
11. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
This information has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation and needs. Because of this, you should, before acting on this information, consider its appropriateness, having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs.
More on Term Deposits
Special rates will apply for a single term. Standard Term Deposit rates may apply for any subsequent term. Special rates are not available for corporate, institutional or government customers.
- Term Accounts Term Deposits Terms and Conditions and General Information
- Important Information Document
- Term Deposits interest rates for NSW, ACT, NT, SA & TAS.
- Term Deposits interest rates for VIC.
- Term Deposits interest rates for QLD & WA.
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 33 30.