Transaction accounts for now, savings accounts for the future, and term deposits for certainty of return.
- Reach your savings goals
- Bonus Rates
- Flexible & easy access
- Free email and SMS Alerts
- Visa debit card at no extra cost
- Online & Mobile Banking
- Certainty of return on your investment6
- Earn a competitive interest rate
- No setup or monthly fees
Earn a secure return on your savings.
- Earn competitive interest rates on balances between $1,000 and $5,000,0006
- Interest calculated daily and can be paid at maturity, annually, half-yearly or monthly.
Tools and calculators
Conditions and fees apply.
Before making a decision, it’s best to read the terms and conditions.
- Transaction, Savings + Investment Accounts Banking Services Terms and Conditions + General Information
- Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts - Fees & Charges and How to Minimise Them
- Interest rates for NSW, ACT, SA & NT
- Interest rates for VIC, QLD, WA & TAS.
- Before using Internet or Phone Banking, please read the Terms and Conditions and before using Mobile or Tablet Banking, please read our Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions.
Special rates will apply for a single term. Standard Term Deposit rates may apply for any subsequent term. Special rates are not available for corporate, institutional or government customers.
- Fixed Term Accounts Term Deposits Terms and Conditions and General Information
- Important Information Document
- Fixed Term Deposits interest rates for NSW, ACT, NT, SA & TAS.
- Fixed Term Deposits interest rates for VIC.
- Fixed Term Deposits interest rates for QLD & WA.
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 33 30.
1. To be eligible for a Visa Debit Card, you must have an Australian residential address and be over 14 years of age.
2. St.George/BankSA/Bank of Melbourne/Westpac branded ATMs in Australia.
3. If you open a new Maxi Saver account and you have not held a Maxi Saver account before and you are a personal customer, you'll earn a fixed bonus rate of % p.a. on top of the standard variable Maxi Saver rate during the Promotional Rate Period. The standard variable Maxi Saver rate may be changed at any time but the fixed bonus rate will not change while it applies. The Promotional Rate Period is the first 3 months from the date your account is opened.
4. Maxi Saver has no monthly account service fee but other fees and charges apply, including for branch access. To hold a Maxi Saver account you must also hold an eligible St.George working account in the same name or have an existing eligible St.George joint account with your name included in the title. Fees and charges may be payable on your eligible working account.
5. Maxi Saver has a minimum opening balance of $1.
6. Following lodgement of the minimum balance requirement, the rate is guaranteed for the term of the investment, subject to terms and conditions (e.g. returns may be reduced if an amount is withdrawn on a minimum 31 days’ notice prior to maturity).