Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to accessibility page Skip to search input

Thinking of leaving us?

We’d love the opportunity to hear you out and see if we could save you time and money. Whatever your needs, we'll give you the information you need to find the best outcome for you.

Call 13 33 30 or request a call back.

Change your existing mortgage security

Your mortgage security is the asset (usually one or multiple properties) used to secure your loan with St.George. There are many reasons you might be looking to change the way your existing mortgage security is set up. These could include selling your property, discharging all or part of your loan or substituting your security for another property.

Fully discharging your mortgage security

Discharging your mortgage means you are removing St.George’s mortgage from your property title, often due to a property sale or refinance.

Selling your property

Whether you’re planning to upgrade, downsize, relocate or rent, we are ready to help with expert advice and support to make the process as simple as possible. We can also provide you with free Property Reports to give you all the information to make your next step a success.

Looking to refinance your loan

If you’re considering refinancing your loan, we’d love the opportunity to understand your needs and see how we can help. Our team can discuss ways to save you time and money by reviewing your current loan and banking situation, as well as providing you with valuable information to find the best outcome for you. Talk to us today on 13 33 30.

More information:

Changing your existing mortgage security

There are many reasons you might want to make changes to your existing mortgage security, such as a partial discharge or substitution of security.

Partial discharge

A partial discharge is when you have more than one property that is secured by a loan, and you would like to release one of those properties as security, without repaying the full loan.

Substitution of security

If you would like to replace your existing security with another property, you can apply for a substitution of security. This commonly occurs when you are selling your home and would like to retain your existing loan for your next property.

Next steps

To apply for a partial discharge or substitution of security, please complete the Property and Security Requests form and return to us. You can visit a branch or talk to us today on 13 33 30 so we can help guide you through this process.
Step 1
Complete the form to apply for a partial discharge or substitution of security
Step 2
Download, print and sign the form
Step 3
Send the form to us, we’ll then get back to you.


  • Customers who have or used to have a St.George home loan
  • Guarantors who are party to a St.George home loan
  • Solicitors and Conveyancers acting on behalf of a St.George home loan client
  • Executors and Power of Attorneys acting on behalf of a St.George home loan client
  • Brokers acting on behalf of a St.George home loan client
  • Branch Managers, Lenders and Personal Bankers assisting customers.



Compare home loans

See at a glance how fees, features and loan purposes differ by product.

Compare our home loans

Compare interest rates

View and compare all of our current home loan interest rates.

Compare interest rates

Important information

The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this, please consider if it’s right for you. If you need help, call 13 33 30.