BT Super for Life
What you get
Available for existing St.George customers registered for Internet Banking.
More with BT Super for Life
- Ask BT to complete a free Super Search to help you find all your super
- Have one of BT's specialists assist in combining your super into a BT account or do it online with BT's Easy Rollover Tool
- Make the most of clever investment options that are easily understood and a breeze to implement
- Extra peace of mind with life insurance that enables you to double or triple cover within 90 days3
Generally, access to your super benefits is dependent on two things:
- Having retired from work
- On reaching your preservation age, which is based on your date of birth and ranges from 55 to 60 years of age.
Exclusive offers with Benefits Now
- As a BT Super for Life member you can treat yourself with exclusive offers and deals through the Benefits Now program.
- Half price cinema tickets, discounted holidays and offers across a range of financial products are just some of the many benefits you can enjoy.
BT Super for Life work hard to give your super the best chance to grow.
- Commissions - $0
- Investment switching fees - $0
- Exit fees - $0
- Withdrawal fees - $0
- Contribution fees - $0
What fees apply?
- Administration and management fees - $5 per month plus 0.45% p.a. of your account balance for all other investment options (this is Nil for the Super Cash option)
- Investment fee - 0.50% p.a. of account balance for all other investment options (this is Nil for the Super Cash option)
If you've changed jobs, postal address or name, chances are you could be one of many Australians with a legitimate share of the $13.4 billion* in lost super out there.
The good news is that it takes just 3 simple steps to track down combine your super:
- Open your super account online in just a few minutes with one simple form and a couple of clicks. Available for existing customers registered for Internet Banking.
- With your consent and tax file number, BT can then get to work on finding any lost super that's rightly yours
- If you'd like to combine any super accounts BT finds into your BT Super for Life account, you can use the fund details and BT's Easy Rollover tool. No printing, verifying or dealing with multiple super funds.
1. Opt for an age-based Lifestage fund
We can invest your super in a Lifestage Fund based on your age. Over time the fund gradually shifts to a more conservative asset mix by shifting its weighted allocation from growth to conservative assets.
2. Choose your own investment mix
Or if you prefer, select your own investment mix from a range of growth, moderate, conservative and super cash investment options.
1. Please refer to the 'Fees and Costs' section of the BT Super for Life Additional Information Booklet.
2. There is no charge for accepting any rollovers into BT Super for Life, however before requesting the rollover, you should consider where your future employer contributions will be paid (if your employer contributions are currently being paid to another fund) and check with your fund(s) to determine whether there are any fees, including exit or withdrawal fees, for moving your benefit, or other loss of benefits (e.g. insurance cover), noting that you may not receive the same type or level of benefits after the rollover.
3. An exclusion applies for any claim related to a pre-existing medical condition you have when you open your BT Super for Life account.
~ An exclusion applies for any claim related to a pre-existing medical condition you have when you open your BT Super for Life account.
* The ATO reported $13.408bn in lost super as at 31 December 2014. Source.
BT Funds Management Limited ABN 63 002 916 458, AFSL No. 233724, RSE No. L0001090 is the trustee and issuer of interests in BT Super for Life which is a part of Retirement Wrap ABN 39 827 542 991, RSE R1001327. You can download a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for BT Super for Life and BTPS's Financial Services Guide (FSG), or obtain a copy by calling 1300 653 553. You should obtain and consider the PDS and FSG before deciding whether to acquire, continue to hold or dispose of interests in BT Super for Life.
Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157, AFSL No. 233728 is the issuer of insurance cover offered through BT Super for Life. Further information about the insurance available through BT Super for Life is included in the PDS.
Superannuation is a long-term investment. The Government has placed restrictions on when you can access your preserved benefits. The Government has set caps on the amount of money you can add to superannuation each year on a concessionally taxed basis. In addition, the Government has set a non-concessional contributions cap. For more detail, speak with a financial adviser or visit the ATO website.
An investment in BT Super for Life is not an investment in, deposit with or any other liability of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (Westpac), St. George Bank, BankSA or Bank of Melbourne (which are Divisions of Westpac), or any other company in the Westpac Group. It is subject to investment risk, including possible delays in repayment of withdrawal proceeds and loss of income and principal invested. None of Westpac, any other company in the Westpac Group or any appointed investment manager stands behind or otherwise guarantees the capital value or investment performance of BT Super for Life.
The information shown on this site is general information only, it does not constitute any recommendation or advice; it has been prepared without taking into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and so you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before acting on it. Any taxation position described is a general statement and should only be used as a guide. It does not constitute tax advice and is based on current tax laws and our interpretation. Your individual situation may differ and you should seek independent professional tax advice. You should also consider obtaining personalised advice from a professional financial adviser before making any financial decisions in relation to the matters discussed hereto.
© BT Financial Group - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation.