St.George Foundation opens funding round with up to $50,000 each in cash grants available
16 August 2016
St.George Foundation is calling on community organisations focused on providing brighter futures for children to apply for grant funding of up to $50,000 each, with applications now open.
Grants will be awarded to smaller community organisations that work to provide a brighter future for socially, economically or physically disadvantaged children.
Since its establishment by St.George Bank in 1990, the St.George Foundation has partnered with more than 800 organisations across Australia to grant more than $25 million to improve the lives of Australian children.
Last grant round St.George Foundation awarded a total of $400,000 in funding to a variety of organisations, including Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation, a support organisation for children affected by Sanfilippo Syndrome.
Megan Donnell, Founder of Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation said, “We were overwhelmed to receive a $42,500 grant from St.George Foundation, allowing us to fund our Identify, Inform and Involve project.
“There is currently no treatment or cure available to children diagnosed with Sanfilippo syndrome. Thanks to the funds from St.George Foundation, we are a step closer in progressing clinical research into finding an effective treatment to combat this devastating disease.”
Vanessa Barry, Head of St.George Foundation, added, “We are so proud to provide organisations like Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation with much needed funds to help improve the quality of life for children.
“From providing educational programs to help youth at risk, to implementing support programs to help children who are diagnosed by rare diseases, these are just some of the types of programs St.George Foundation supports. I encourage community organisations who focus on helping provide a brighter future for disadvantaged children to apply for funding.”
To be eligible for funding, an organisation must:
· focus its efforts on Australian children under the age of 18 years
· be located in NSW, ACT, QLD or WA
· have a gross annual revenue of less than $3,000,000
· receive less than 40% of its income from recurrent state, federal or local government funding (unless it receives an income less than $1 million per annum, in which case Government funding can exceed 40%)
· be endorsed as a deductible gift recipient (but not another ancillary fund). Deductible Gift Recipients must be listed with the Australian Taxation Office under Item 1 of the Table in Section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act, 1936.
Applications are open now until 30 September 2016. To find out more about the process and to apply, visit www.stgeorgefoundation.com.au.
To find out how you can support St.George Foundation, please phone 1300 726 023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
M: 0412 059 766
ST.GEORGE FOUNDATION CONTACT:
Phone: 0466 352 633