Accessibility and disability support
For vision impaired customers we can enhance the visibility of the embossed details on your card with contrast colour tipping. Order a free replacement of your existing card with contrast colour tipping by contacting us on 13 33 30.
Everyday transaction accounts
Customers that hold either a Commonwealth Government Health Concession Card or a senior’s Card can open an accessible concession card account.
We're making our branches easy to access. Where possible, the design of our new and refurbished branches includes:
- Power-assisted entry doors for customers with prams, mobility requirements or in a wheelchair
- Service counters at seated level
- Interview rooms on ground floor
- Flexible height brochure displays
- Contrasting signage for easy recognition
- Talking ATMs
- Hearing loops for hearing aids
Our branches meet the Disability Discrimination Act requirements and comply with Premises Standards.
You can find your local branch by using our branch and ATM locator, and selecting the filter option for ‘Disabled access’ in the advanced search options on our website. On the St.George Mobile Banking app, you can search via the ‘Branch & ATM.’ Please note this feature is currently not fully accessible to customers who use voice over on their smart devices, however we are working to correct this.
Our partnership with Australia Post means that customers can access banking services at their local Australia Post Office, across more than 3,500 outlets Australia-wide. Customers are required to use a Debit or Credit card in order to transact at Australia Post.
|Transactions & Service Type||Bank@Post service offering|
|Payment of Bills||
For more information on Bank@Post visit Australia Post’s website.
All St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne and Westpac ATMs have audio capability. These “Talking ATMs” give clear verbal instructions and provide confirmation of your selections at each step.
- All ATM PIN pads have a raised centre key “#5” to allow users to locate the key positions.
- The audio instructions provide alternate PIN pad numbers for each step e.g.; “to withdraw press #3 which is located…” rather than using the touchscreen or buttons on the side of the screen.
- All ATMs are compatible with a standard 3.5mm earpiece to listen to instructions and screen text.
- We’ve reduced the number of screens and steps to do cash withdrawal to make it easier to use our ATMs.
- We will remember your account and receipt selections for the next time you make cash withdrawal and the option to also save a favourite cash amount.
- All ATM transaction screens comply with accessibility standards including screen contrast and font size.
- Wherever possible, ATMs are height and reach accessible from a seated position including PIN pad, card reader and screen.
- Wherever possible, most of our locations with an ATM are accessible by wheelchair.
- You can use the Cardless Cash feature through the Mobile Banking app to make a withdrawal without a card. You receive a 6 digit code (valid for 3 hours) which can be used at any St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne and Westpac ATM.
You can locate a Talking ATM by using our branch and ATM locator on our website, and selecting the ‘Disabled access’ in the filter options on our website. On the St.George Banking app, you can search via the ‘Branch & ATM’ button and select ‘Disabled access’ in the filter options.
Communicating with a banker
Our Customer Care unit is open 8am - 8pm, Monday – Saturday from anywhere in Australia. Our people are trained to support you to meet your financial goals and understand the accessibility requirements of our customers. You can find all our Personal banking contact numbers on our website.
You can also contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS) an Australian Government initiative that offers an Australia-wide phone service for people who are Deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment. It is available to our customers who are Deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment at no additional charge.
- Talk to text users phone 133 677 then ask for 133 700
- Speak and listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 133 700
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 133 700
Visit your local branch to communicate with a banker in person. You can find your local branch by using our branch and ATM locator on our website. On the St.George Mobile Banking app, you can search via the ‘Branch & ATM’ button.
- Auslan interpreter services can be booked through a branch
Phone Banking gives you flexibility to manage your money from the comfort of your own home and when it suits you with our 24/71 Self Service function on 13 33 22. You can also get information on products, services, interest rates and fees by communicating with a personal banking representative (8am-8pm, Monday – Saturday)
You can find out more information on Phone Banking and how to register.
1Subject to systems availability
We’re committed to making the content of this site accessible to the widest possible audience.
These audiences include those:
- Using assistive technology such as screen readers and screen magnifiers
- Who are unable to use the mouse
- Dependent on the accessibility features of their web browser.
Devices with the following assistive technology were used for reviewing Accessibility of the stgeorge.com.au website:
- NVDA 2016
- VoiceOver for iOS
- Voice Assistant for Android
You’ll find more information on how we are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and Internet banking services in this section.
Using this website
All images contain alternative (ALT) text. This ALT attribute is displayed when the site is visited with images "off" and voiced by screen readers. The null (or empty) ALT attribute used for ‘non-functional or brand-type’ images should be ignored by screen readers.
Tables and forms
Forms and tables use accessibility features that enable them to be used with screen readers.
For technical reasons (and to meet some legal requirements), our website contains a number of PDFs. Where possible, we provide a HTML alternative. The Adobe Acrobat Reader (http://www.adobe.com/products/reader) is required to read PDFs on the site. The Reader can be downloaded from the Adobe site, which also contains instructions for installing the software on your computer.
The Adobe website also contains a tool and instructions for converting PDFs into web pages online (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/access_onlinetools.html). It works with most, but not all PDFs. However, the conversion can take some minutes.
In order to access St.George Internet Banking, please make sure you're using the most recent version of your preferred browser. View the full list of compatible devices and supported operating systems on our website.
Internet and Mobile Banking
Internet banking gives you control over your banking and enables you to manage your money without visiting a branch. It is easy to use, with great features across online, mobile and tablet devices.
Resources to help you use Internet and Mobile Banking:
Ways to access Mobile Banking
You can login securely to the St.George Mobile Banking App through a range of methods, including security number, password, fingerprint and Face ID (on compatible devices).
Sign in using assistive technology
This guide aims to incorporate the ways both screen reading and magnification users engage with the keyboard.
Simply follow the steps below:
- Enter your Card/Access number using your computer keyboard in the “Card/Access Number” box.
- Enter your Security Number
- Before entering your Internet Password, you will be prompted with a check box to ‘Remember me’. This will save you having to type in your Card/Access Number and Security Number every time you logon to Internet Banking. For security reasons if you're using a public or shared device we don't recommend selecting this option.
- Depending on your choice of assistive technology, use the mouse, tab, arrow or ‘E’ key to navigate to the edit field to enter your password.
- Once in the password field type in your password.
You have the flexibility to receive electronic Statements for some accounts.View the full list of Statement eligible accounts that you can choose to stop receiving paper statements for.
Find out how to set up eStatements on your mobile, desktop or tablet.
Currently St.George electronic statements are not accessible by screen reading technology. We're working on getting this up and running for you as soon as possible.
Contacting us directly through the Mobile Banking app
Using Contact us from within the Mobile Banking app connects you straight to the relevant team member who can assist you. You will also avoid the need to answer a series of security questions as we have already verified your identity when you logged on via the Mobile Banking app.
Things you should know
iPhone and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.