St.George provides disaster relief package for customers impacted by the East Coast Low severe weather event.
7 June 2016
St.George today announced that its Disaster Relief Package is available to customers suffering hardship following the East Coast Low severe weather event last weekend.
Ross Miller, General Manager, St.George Retail Banking said the relief package offers immediate financial help to customers affected by the severe storms.
“We are extending support to our customers to help alleviate any concerns they have with their financial commitments, so that they can concentrate on their safety and well-being.”
“St.George understands that times like these can be challenging, not only emotionally, but financially, and our thoughts are with all those who have been affected.
“Our dedicated teams are ready to support customers and I encourage all who have been affected to contact their local St.George Branch Manager as soon as possible to discuss their circumstances," Mr Miller said.
The Disaster Relief Package offers:
- Affected customers with St.George home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase.
- Affected credit card customer may apply to defer repayments to their credit cards for up to 90 days.
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- St.George will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected St.George customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation.
St.George customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures or need assistance should contact St.George Assist on 1800 629 795 or contact their local branch.
All affected customers should contact 1300 655 489 so that temporary accommodation and emergency funds can be arranged. Claims can be lodged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling this number.
Our assessors will be ready to assist all customers in the worst affected areas. Customers should not put themselves at risk by going into affected areas to retrieve insurance documents or to take photographs. We understand proof of loss may not be possible and we will accept the word of customers in these instances.