St.George provides disaster relief package for customers affected by severe flooding in Swan Valley, WA
14 February 2017
St.George today announced that its Disaster Relief Package is available to customers in Western Australia who are facing financial hardship following the flooding in the Swan Valley and surrounding communities.
Adam Hay, Regional Executive of WA Region, St.George Retail Banking said the relief package offers immediate practical help to assist customers with their finances.
“Our thoughts are with those impacted by the floods and we are here to help our customers, their families and the communities during this difficult time. By offering our support, we hope to help alleviate any financial concerns our customers face, so that they can concentrate on their safety and wellbeing.
“Our dedicated staff are ready to support anyone who needs assistance or advice. I encourage all customers to contact their local St.George Branch Manager to discuss their circumstances or call St.George Assist on 1800 629 795."
The St.George Disaster Relief Package offers various options*, including the following:
- Affected customers with St.George home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months;
- Affected businesses can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank fees such as establishment fees and break costs;
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase;
- Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days;
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee;
- St.George may waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits; and affected St.George customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance under the terms of their insurance policies for emergency accommodation.
St.George customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures or need assistance should contact St.George on 13 33 30, or St.George Assist on 1800 629 795, or contact their local branch.
All affected customers should contact 1300 655 489 so that temporary accommodation and emergency funds can be arranged. Claims can be lodged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling this number. Our assessors will be ready to assist all customers in the worst affected areas. Customers should not put themselves at risk by going into affected areas to retrieve insurance documents or to take photographs. We understand proof of loss may not be possible and we will accept the word of customers in these instances.
M: 0421 623 014