St.George provides disaster relief package for customers affected by Cyclone Debbie
28 March 2017
St.George today announced that its Disaster Relief Package is available for customers affected by Tropical Cyclone Debbie in North Queensland.
The package provides immediate practical help to assist customers with their finances and will be available for three months until Wednesday, 28 June 2017.
Tammy Cheng, Acting Head of QLD, St.George Retail Banking said: “Our thoughts go out to everyone in North Queensland and their families at this difficult time. St.George is here to help by alleviating any financial concerns our customers face, so that they can concentrate on their safety and wellbeing.
"Our dedicated staff are on hand to support anyone who needs assistance or advice. I encourage all customers to contact their local St.George Branch Manager where possible to discuss their circumstances or St.George Assist via the Online Hardship Form or on 1800 629 795."
The St.George Disaster Relief Package offers various options*, including the following:
- Affected customers with St.George home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months;
- Affected businesses can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank fees such as establishment fees and break costs;
- Affected credit card customers may request an emergency credit limit increase;
- Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days;
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee;
- St.George may waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits; and affected St.George customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance under the terms of their insurance policies for emergency accommodation.
All affected customers should contact 1300 655 489 so that temporary accommodation and emergency funds can be arranged. Claims can be lodged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling this number. Our assessors will be ready to assist all customers in the worst affected areas. Customers should not put themselves at risk by going into affected areas to retrieve insurance documents or to take photographs. We understand proof of loss may not be possible and we will accept the word of customers in these instances.