St.George provides disaster relief package for customers impacted by bushfires in southern New South Wales
19 March 2018
St.George today announced that its Disaster Relief Package is available to customers suffering hardship following the bushfires that have devastated areas of Bega and Tathra in southern New South Wales.
St.George’s Head of Regional NSW & ACT, Neelam Tandon said the Disaster Relief Package offers immediate financial support for customers impacted.
“We're thinking of everyone affected by the bushfires in Tathra and the Bega region, and our teams are here to help during this difficult time.
“We want to ensure that all employees, customers and communities know that if they need the support, we will be there. I encourage all affected customers to contact their local St.George Bank Manager as soon as possible to discuss their circumstances and the financial relief available.”
The Disaster Relief Package offers the following assistance:
- If you have a St.George Bank home loan, you may apply to defer repayments for up to three months
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees
- If you have a St.George Bank credit card, you may request an emergency credit limit increase#
- You may also apply to defer repayments to your card for up to 90 days
- Should you wish to purchase replacement goods you may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee#
- St.George will waive interest rate adjustments should you wish to withdraw from an existing term deposit
- If you have home and contents insurance with St.George Bank, you may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation
- Customers experiencing severe hardship will also be offered a halt on all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months*.
St.George customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures or need assistance should contact St.George Assist on phone 1800 629 795, or alternatively call their local Branch Manager.
All affected customers should contact us on 1300 369 989. You may also qualify for emergency accommodation. Claims can be lodged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling this number.
Our assessors will be ready to assist all customers in the worst affected areas. Customers should not put themselves at risk by going into affected areas to retrieve insurance documents or to take photographs. We understand proof of loss may not be possible and we will accept the word of customers in these instances.
#Credit criteria, terms and conditions apply.
*St.George Home & Contents Insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited and distributed by St.George Bank – a Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (the Bank). The Bank does not guarantee the insurance.