St.George provides disaster relief package for customers affected by bushfires in NSW and QLD
9 November 2019
St.George Bank today announced that its Disaster Relief Package is available to customers who are facing financial hardship following unprecedented bushfires in Northern and Mid-coast New South Wales.
This builds on the support announced by St.George in September for South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales that our customers are still able to access.
General Manager for St.George Bank, Ross Miller said the Disaster Relief Package offers immediate practical help to assist customers to manage the impact of the bushfires on their finances.
“Our thoughts are with those impacted by these devastating bushfires and we’d like to thank the emergency services, including firefighters and volunteers for continuing to support their local communities during these challenging times.
“We understand that events like these can be extremely difficult - emotionally, physically and financially. By offering support to our customers, we hope to take away any concerns they have with their financial commitments so that they can concentrate on more important issues at hand like looking after themselves and their families.
“I encourage all affected customers to contact Customer Care or their local St.George Branch Manager as soon as possible to discuss their circumstances and the financial relief we have available,” Mr Miller said.
The Disaster Relief Package offers the following assistance:
- Affected customers with St.George home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- St.George will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Customers experiencing severe hardship may also be offered a halt on all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
St.George customers who wish to utilise these special relief measures or need assistance should contact St.George Assist on phone 1800 629 795, or alternatively call their local Branch Manager.
All affected customers should contact us on 1300 655 489 so we can assist with temporary accommodation and emergency funds. Claims can be lodged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling this number.