Accessibility and Inclusion Plan
Accessibility is embedded in all aspects of how we do business with our customers, the community and our people. We’re building accessibility into the very core of what we do as part of our business purpose, Helping Australians Succeed. We’re taking a holistic and integrated approach to helping people with disability through seeking to create a culture of belonging, psychological safety and respect, while designing our products and services for inclusion.
Refreshing our Access and Inclusion strategic plan every few years allows us to continually innovate for more accessible banking products and services, as well as inclusive workplace practices and workspaces. Measuring and tracking progress through an established governance process also helps us ask what more we can do for people with disabilities whilst integrating accessibility into the way we view and manage our business.
Embedding accessibility into our DNA continues to be our priority with our new Access and Inclusion Plan for 2021-2024. We aim to close the gap and break down the barriers for those who may live with disability and/or experience vulnerability within their life - helping all succeed.
In creating this plan, we sought to capture the lived experience of people with disability through customer surveys, social media, and customer feedback along with accessibility champions across our business - both those living with disability and those who don’t. We also used the Australian Network on Disability’s ‘Access and Inclusion Index’ benchmarking tool for measuring our commitments, initiatives and change to accessibility; to evaluate where there were opportunities to improve our practices. Seeking input from a wide range of sources has helped us refresh our approach and make it relevant to support the change we’re aspiring to make so that our customers can access our products and services independently.
These have been tested and refined, and presented in this plan as having impact in the areas of:
- Management Foundations – Ensure we have the policies, principles and processes in place to embed accessibility in all parts of our business.
- Our Customers – Ensure our channels, and products and services are more accessible and we provide training and support for customers to grow their financial independence.
- Our employees – Provide our people with the training and resources they need to bring their whole selves to work and to ensure they understand and meet the accessibility requirements of our customers.
- Our Community – Provide support and opportunities for Australian organisations to increase employment development and support for people with disability.
Find out more
- Accessibility Action Plan 2021 (RTF 142kb) - for users with screen readers. If you are accessing the above Rich Text Format (RTF) file via a smart device, you will need to download an RTF reader app, which will enable you to access this file type on your device..
- Accessibility Action Plan 2021 (PDF 4MB)