Verify your identity, without leaving home
Why we need to verify your identity
St.George Smart-Verify ensures we’re able to:
- Protect your identity and keep you safe
- Minimise the risk of fraud
- Comply with the law.
What you'll need
- A valid passport (make sure it hasn’t expired) or an Australian driver licence (we’re unable to verify digital licences)
- A smartphone with a camera and access to the internet
- A quiet, well-lit place, so you can hear the audio prompts and take a clear photo of your face
- The latest version of iOS/Android OS
How it works
- You'll get an SMS linking you to this landing page
- Have your passport or Australian driver licence with you
- From your smartphone, select the Verify Online button at the top of this page
- Enter the reference number you received via SMS and follow the prompts to complete Smart Verify.
It uses biometrics to match your face to the ID that’s been provided. Biometrics are measurements of your physical features which are unique to you. These measurements can be used to confirm that you’re the same person in the photo ID you’ve provided.
In this case, St.George Smart-Verify analyses the photo on your ID and compares it to your face, which is captured using your smartphone camera.
- Before using Internet and Phone Banking, please read the St.George Terms and Conditions for Internet Banking and Phone Banking.
- Smart Verify is currently being used for limited purposes to verify your identity if you open an eligible account.