Assumptions that this calculator makes:
- You don’t make any purchases on your card until the promotional period ends or the balance transfer is paid in full.
- You only make minimum repayments on your card during the promotional term.
- The interest rate applying to your non-St.George credit card will not change.
- You don’t pay your card off in full each month.
- The minimum monthly repayment will be paid by the statement due date each month. The minimum repayment on your credit card is whichever is greater of: 2% of your total balance, or $10, or the amount of outstanding government and interest charges.
- No cash advance transactions are made.
- Excludes any fees that may apply to either card, including annual fees and when they are charged.
Conditions and fees apply. Credit criteria apply to all credit products
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions.
- Credit Card Conditions of Use
- Credit Card Accounts Fees and Charges
- Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions (for claim events prior to 1 October 2017)
- Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions (Effective 1 October 2017)
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
Switches, upgrades, or customers accessing employee benefits are ineligible. This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
#Balance transfer promotion: Available when you apply for a new Vertigo, Vertigo Platinum, No Annual Fee or Amplify credit card between 23rd November 2017 and 18th April 2018, and request at card application to transfer balance(s) from up to 3 non-St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. The rate will apply to balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 80% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period, unless the amount is paid off earlier. Card activation will trigger the processing of the balance transfer. A balance transfer fee of 1% of the transferred balance(s) will be charged to the account on the same day the balance(s) are debited to the account (excluding Amplify balance transfers). The applicable variable cash advance rate will apply to balance(s) transferred but left unpaid at the end of the promotional period. We will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). Interest free days do not apply to credit cards with balance transfers.
^$0 annual card fee promotion: The first year annual card fee waiver is available when you apply for a new Amplify or Vertigo credit card between 23rd November 2017 and 18th April 2018, and make your first purchase within 12 months of card approval. The first annual card fee will be debited on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter.