Comprehensive Car Insurance
This is the highest level of cover we provide. It covers your own vehicle if it is damaged or stolen in addition to the damage caused to
someone else’s property, no matter who’s at fault.
Accidental loss of or damage to your vehicle
We will cover you for accidental loss of (including theft) or any other type of accidental damage that happens to your vehicle during the period of insurance.
Emergency accomodation and travelling expenses
We will pay for any reasonable additional travel or accommodation expense incurred by you as a result of a covered accident for up to $1,000 if your vehicle was more than 100km from home. The maximum amount we will pay for accommodation and travelling expenses combined for any one claim or incident is $1000.
New for old replacement of a new vehicle after a total loss
If your vehicle is a total loss, along with being purchased as new or a demo from a manufacturer or dealer and its less than 2 years old from its first registration, we will replace it with a new vehicle of the same make, model, engine size, features and paint type including any modifications, options and accessories, so long as it is available in Australia.
Legal liability of up to $20 million
We will cover your legal liability to pay compensation for loss of or damage to someone else’s property which is caused by a motor vehicle accident which is partly or fully your fault.
Temporary cover on replacement vehicle
If you replace your vehicle and don't advise us, we will cover the replacement vehicle for up to 14 days from the time you sold or gave the vehicle away on the same terms set out in your policy, except we will insure it at market value.
- Personal items in your vehicle, up to $1,000 for any one incident of accidental damage or theft
- Rental car after theft of your vehicle, up to $100 per day for up to 30 days. However we will extend your rental car or daily travel allowance period to the extent that we caused or contributed to the delay in repairing your vehicle
- Transportation costs if your vehicle cannot be driven home after an accident up to $500 for any one incident
- Reasonable cost of towing to a repairer, place of safety or any other place which we agree to after a covered incident
- Lock re-keying / re-coding up to $1,000 if vehicle keys stolen by a person who is not your family member, invitee or person who resides with you
- Cover for the cost of emergency repairs necessary to enable you to drive your vehicle home up to $500 after a covered accident
- Cover for accidental loss of or accidental damage to a trailer or caravan
- Replacement of any child seat or baby capsule in your vehicle up to $500 following a covered accident.
Upgrade your cover
Nil excess for windscreen claims
Removal of basic excess for windscreen claims if the broken windscreen is the only damage to your vehicle - 1 replacement and 2 repairs in any period of insurance
Rental car following an accident
We will provide you with a rental or loan car for an accepted claim for accidental damage for a maximium of 30 day at up to $100 per day. Additionally we will reimburse you up to $3000 for any excess or security bond due to loss or damage of the rental car. However, we will extend your rental car or daily travel allowance period to the extent that we caused or contributed to the delay in repairing your vehicle.
Tools of trade
Cover for your tools of trade, stock and materials in the event of theft via forcible and violent entry to your securely locked vehicle and/or tool box, permanently fixed to your vehicle or a motor vehicle collision of up to $3,000 for any one incident.
Why choose St.George Car Insurance
Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
* Save up to 10% on Comprehensive Motor Insurance on your first year’s premium (excluding taxes and government charges) when you quote and buy a new policy online. This discount is not applied on renewal. Eligible drivers can also save with a Safe Driver Discount (SDD), based on the driving history of all drivers named on the policy. If you are eligible for more than one discount, Allianz will apply each of them in a predetermined order. This means the effect of applying any subsequent discount will be reduced. For example, the combined effect of applying two 10% discounts consecutively means you will not see the full benefit of both discounts. Discounts may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. Promotional or other discounts may apply from time to time for customers who apply for insurance via other methods. Discounts do not apply to the premium for optional covers. If you would like more information, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for further details.
^ Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
1. Allianz may agree with you to use a repairer (other than the one you selected), or pay you reasonable repair costs. We will act reasonably in doing so.
2. Reduce your premium by listing your drivers. If you choose to reduce your premium by naming drivers on your policy, an unnamed driver will incur a $2,500 excess (this replaces the basic and all other excesses where applicable). Minimum premiums may apply. Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. If you are eligible for more than one, each of them are applied in a predetermined order to the premium (excluding taxes and government charges) as reduced by any prior applied discounts/entitlements. Discounts may not be applied to the premium for optional covers.
St.George Motor Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). St.George - a Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 arranges the insurance as agent of Allianz, but does not guarantee the insurance. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply.
This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account.
Read the relevant , Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and the to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1800 812 133.
If you take out Motor Insurance with Allianz the Bank will receive a commission of up to 12% of the premium (exclusive of GST).
A target market determination has been made for this product. Please visit https://www.stgeorge.com.au/tmd for the target market determination.
- How you can access the personal information St.George holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by St.George and how St.George will deal with your complaint; and
- How St.George collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.
© St.George - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.