Why choose our car insurance?
What level of cover do you need?
Our comparison table provides a summary of the key features and benefits which can help assist in finding car insurance that may suit your needs.
Third Party Property Damage Cover
|Legal liability up to $20 million|
|Legal liability cover up to $20 million when using a substitute vehicle|
|Legal costs in defending claims covered by the policy|
Choosing your own repairer
A Safe Driver Discount for eligible drivers3
|Loss or damage to your car caused by an at fault uninsured driver||Up to market value of $5,000|
|Accidental loss of or damage to your vehicle|
|New replacement car if your new car (less than two years old from original registration) is a total loss #Conditions apply. Please refer to the PDS
|Cost of emergency repairs after a covered accident||Up to $500|
|30 day car rental following theft||Up to $100 per day for up to 30 days
|Child seat or baby capsule||Up to $500|
|Personal effects and clothing damaged in an accident or stolen from your locked vehicle||Up to $1,000|
|Emergency accommodation and travelling expenses||Up to $1,000 if more than 100km from home|
|Transportation costs if your vehicle cannot be driven home after an accident||Up to $500|
|Reasonable cost of towing after a covered incident
|Trailer and Caravan cover||Lesser of $1,000 or market value|
|Lock re-keying / re-coding||Up to $1,000|
|Temporary cover on replacement vehicle - 14 days|
Optional Extras for Comprehensive Cover
- Rental car after accident, up to $100 per day for up to 30 days
- Up to $3,000 cover for tools of trade
- Removal of basic excess for 1 windscreen replacement and 2 repairs in each period of insurance
Save up to 25%
Discounts on new Comprehensive Car Insurance*
Up to 25% discount is a combination of three discounts: up to 10% discount for buying online, up to 10% Safe Driver Discount for eligible drivers and up to 5.8% discount when selecting the Named Driver Option and listing all your drivers on the policy.*
Roadside Assistance for one year, on us^
Take out a new Comprehensive Car Insurance policy by 1 September 2019 and you’ll get a year of Roadside Assistance on us^.
Make a claim
If you're involved in an accident
- Don’t admit to anyone involved that you were at fault
- Write down the full names, addresses and phone numbers of all drivers, passengers and witness involved
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent any further loss or damage from occurring
- Write down the vehicle registration numbers and insurance details of all vehicles involved and gather any other evidence or information to support your claim (such as medical certificates and reports)
- The insurer will advise you about any other aspects of the claims procedure which apply (this information can also be found in the policy terms and conditions). You may need to provide us with this information when making a claim.
If your car is stolen or maliciously damaged
- You must call the police if your car is stolen or maliciously damaged.
- You may need to provide the name of the police officer and police stations where you made the report.
Start your claim via Allianz
Or call us on 1800 812 133 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
^For new Comprehensive Car Insurance policies purchased between22 July and 1 September 2019. Standard Roadside Assistance is provided by AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 trading as Allianz Global Assistance. This service can be renewed after 12 months for a fee. Terms and conditions available at www.allianz.com.au/s/stgfreeroadside or you can ask in branch for details.
1. Up to 25% discount is a combination of three discounts: up to 10% discount for buying online, up to 10% Safe Driver Discount for eligible drivers and up to 5.8% discount when selecting the Named Driver Option and listing all your drivers on the policy. These discounts do not apply to Third Party Property Damage policies. If you choose to reduce your premium by naming drivers on your policy, an unnamed driver will incur a $2,500 excess (this replaces the basic and all other excesses where applicable). Minimum premiums may apply. Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and only apply to the extent any minimum premium is not reached. If you are eligible for more than one, we also apply each of them in a predetermined order to the premium (excluding taxes and government charges) as reduced by any prior applied discounts/entitlements. Any online discount offered is applied to our standard rates. Discounts may not be applied to the premium for optional covers. The online discount applies to new Comprehensive Motor Insurance policies only in the first year (unless stated otherwise). Promotional or other discounts may apply from time to time for customers who apply for insurance via other methods. The Safe Driver discount applies to eligible Comprehensive Motor Insurance policies. Any discount entitlement is determined by the insurance and driving histories of all drivers on the policy and the number of claims made by them.
2. Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments due to rounding and financial institution transaction fees may apply.
3. Safe Driver Discount applies to Comprehensive Motor Insurance policies only. Any discount entitlement is determined by the insurance history and driving history of all drivers on the policy and the number of claims made by them. If eligible, the maximum Safe Driver Discount that may be applied on new policies is up to 10%.
St.George Motor Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (Allianz). St.George - a Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 arranges the insurance as agent of Allianz, but does not guarantee the insurance. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply.
This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the , and the to see if this insurance is right for you. Call 1800 812 133.
- How you can access the personal information St.George holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by St.George and how St.George will deal with your complaint; and
- How St.George collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.
© St.George - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.