Your new Directshares trading platform
We would like to welcome you to your new Directshares platform which is now available to you. Use the Logon button at the top of this page to login to your account on the new platform using your existing login details.
If you need any help, please contact us via the new chat feature on our platform, email email@example.com or phone 1300 133 500 between 8am – 8pm (Sydney time) Monday to Friday.
There will be two platforms available to all Directshares customers.
Directshares Standard platform will be accessible to all Directshares customers and is designed to suit most traders and investors.
Directshares Pro platform is a subscription service designed for frequent traders and sophisticated investors. It offers more advanced functionality including customisable layouts and intuitive module linking, professional charting and advanced options trading.
Existing Directshares Power users and Directshares account holders who are activated for advanced options trading will move to Directshares Pro, but will also have access to Directshares Standard.
All other Directshares customers will move to Directshares Standard.
To find out more about the platform you will be moving to, please read the FAQs - My new platform and take a few minutes to watch these introductory videos. Also, register for our webinar for more about Directshares Pro.
There will be a change to your Controlling Participant for CHESS purposes.
On Friday 6 July 2018, the provider of your Directshares service will be changing from Share Investing Limited (SIL) ABN 93 078 174 973 AFSL 238277 to CMC Markets Stockbroking Limited (CMC Markets) ABN 69 081 002 851 AFSL No. 246381. As a result, from Monday 9 July 2018, your Directshares account will be provided through a new share trading platform and your holdings will be sponsored in CHESS by CMC Markets.
SIL, the existing Controlling Participant of your Participant Sponsored Holding, has provided you with notice of its intention to change the Controlling Participant of your Participant Sponsored Holding to CMC Markets unless you instruct SIL otherwise. We recommend that you read this ².
What do I need to do?
While this change will occur automatically, you should consider the following as you may need to take some action:
Visit this website regularly for updates between now and 9 July 2018, and add it to your favourites.
Familiarise yourself with the key dates, as some may directly impact you. For example:
- Any open or conditional orders as at close of business 6 July 2018 will be cancelled and not transferred across to the new platform. This applies to both domestic equities and international shares.
- If your Directshares account has been activated for options trading, you will need to complete the and return the original form to us by 11 June 2018.
- If you currently have a subscription to Tax Tools Plus or Premium, this service will be unavailable from close of business 6 July 2018. We are currently working on a new solution.
We strongly recommend downloading any customised tax reports you may require, prior to close of business 6 July 2018.
Before the current Directshares platform closes on 6 July 2018, please login to your Directshares account before the current Directshares platform closes on 6 July 2018:
- Check that your contact details are up to date as going forward we may use your email address and mobile number to communicate with you and keep your account secure. Your contact details can be updated online or by completing the Change of Contact Details form.
- While your account information including your personal details, holdings, watchlists¹ and alerts¹ will be transferred across to your new platform, you may choose to download any other information you would like to retain for your own records.
When you login to your new platform for the first time:
- You will be able to login from www.directshares.com.au and we recommend that you save this address as a favourite.
- Your login details will remain the same. We encourage you to login to your Directshares account on 9 July 2018 and check that your information is correct.
- For security reasons, the system will prompt you to create a new password. Your username will remain unchanged.
- You will be prompted to accept the new Terms and Conditions and Financial Services Guide applying to the new platform.
- As any open or conditional orders remaining on your account as at the close of business 6 July 2018 would have been cancelled, you may want to consider reinstating these orders in the market on 9 July 2018. This applies to both Australian equities and International shares.
- If you are a Directshares Power user, you will need to reconfigure your screen layouts, watchlists¹ and alerts¹ on your new Directshares Pro platform, which features customisable layouts and module linking functionality.
|Before the move||
|11 June 2018||Customers activated for Options Trading need to return the original by this date to ensure the smooth transition of their Option positions.||Complete the form and post the original to:
St.George Directshares PO Box R1748
ROYAL EXCHANGE NSW1225
This form must be received by 11 June 2018.
|6 July 2018||
||Place trades as usual up to market close.|
|Market close, 6 July 2018||
|9 July 2018||First day of trading on the new platform.||
|Market close, 10 July 2018||Trades that were placed successfully on 6 July on the previous platform, will settle to your account today, on the new platform.||View and manage all your holdings on your new Directshares platform.|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
My new platform
On Friday 6 July 2018, the provider of your Directshares service will be changing from Share Investing Limited (SIL) ABN 93 078 174 973 AFSL 238277 to CMC Markets Stockbroking Limited (CMC Markets) ABN 69 081 002 851 AFSL No. 246381. As a result, from Monday 9 July 2018, your Directshares account will be provided through a new share trading platform and your holdings will be sponsored in CHESS by CMC Markets. CMC Markets will be your new Controlling Participant for CHESS purposes.
No. Your existing Directshares account number will be transferred to your new platform.
There will be no impact to the Australian shares held on your Directshares portfolio. On 9 July 2018, you will be able to see your Australian shares under your holdings on your new platform.
After the market closes on 6 July 2018, any open or conditional orders on your account will be cancelled. In other words, if you have not received a contract note for any orders placed by close of business 6 July 2018, you can assume that your order has been cancelled.
If you wish, you may reinstate these orders on the new platform when the market opens on 9 July 2018.
Yes. Your 30 June 2018 tax statement will be available to download on your new platform from September 2018 as per past years. You will receive a notification from us when your tax statement is available.
¹ Watchlists and alerts will transfer across to the new platform for all Directshares clients with the exception of Directshares Power users who have set up watchlists and alerts exclusively in Directshares Power. These watchlists and alerts will need to be re-set on Directshares Pro from 9 July 2018.
² The Participant Change Notice does not apply to Directshares account holders who settle their trades to a Margin Loan. In this instance, the holdings on the Directshares account are sponsored in CHESS by the margin loan provider and not SIL.