We get it. The thought of having someone use your card fraudulently is disconcerting to say the least. That's why we take it so seriously and have put in stringent procedures to deal with card fraud.
- Fraud Money Back Guarantee
- Visa Zero Liability policy
- Verified by Visa and Mastercard® SecureCode™
- Using fingerprint login
- 24/7 fraud detection
- The St.George Security Centre
Our St.George Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has contacted St.George promptly and hasn’t contributed to the loss.1
If you're shopping using a Visa card – whether online, over the phone, when you press 'Credit' or make a contactless transaction instore – you'll be protected from any unauthorised transactions with Visa's Zero Liability policy.2 Take the time to look at your account statement or transactions online through Internet Banking, and let St.George know if anything appears incorrect as soon as possible.
When you're shopping with participating online retailers, Verified by Visa and Mastercard® SecureCode™ services work with St.George to authenticate your transaction using a 'One Time Password' to ensure that it is really you making the purchase. This additional layer of security is provided to you free of charge through St.George's Secure Online Shopping service.
Worried about someone accessing your card through mobile banking? We’ve done our best to help keep you secure online as well. St.George was the first major financial institution in the world to let customers log into mobile banking using just their fingerprint. That means no need to enter sign in details, making mobile banking fast.3
Our Fraud Detection team operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to protect your security, whether you are at home or overseas. For example, when we detect transactions on your card that differ considerably from any style of transaction you've made before, we will attempt to contact you (regardless of your location) to check that it is really you making the purchase.
Credit card security is just one way we’re on the case 24/7. St.George safeguards your Internet and Phone Banking security with St.George Secure. With years of experience in online banking, we take pride in our excellent security record. And we continue to protect your financial and personal information with ongoing improvements to our systems and security measures.
You take your security seriously – and so do we. Read more about what we do to keep you secure at the St.George Security Centre.
And if you're ready to get started, take a look at the types of card we can offer you.
Conditions, fees and credit criteria apply. The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 33 30.
- Refer to the relevant Credit card terms and conditions and/or refer to the Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts – Banking Services Terms and Conditions and General Information for full details of when cardholders may be liable.
- Visa's Zero Liability policy does not apply to ATM or eftpos transactions. Cardholders should notify St.George Bank promptly of any unauthorised use of their card. Visa Corporate Card, Visa Purchasing Card and Visa Prepaid Card transactions are excluded.
- Please consider the Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you.
Mastercard and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. © St.George Bank – A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141
AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714
Read the disclosure documents.