How to apply for sponsorship
St.George’s sponsorship budget is committed to projects well in advance.
When reviewing sponsorship requests, St.George applies the same rigorous assessment criteria to all proposals received. This is to ascertain whether the opportunity complements our marketing strategy.
As a general rule, St.George does not support activities where we are not granted exclusivity (i.e. as the only financial institution).
Note: If your request is of a charitable or philanthropic nature focusing on children, please direct your query to the St.George Foundation.
Activities that St.George will not support include:
- Political parties
- Divisive social issues and events, e.g. beauty pageants
- Denominational religionsOrganisations that are in the business of gambling, alcohol or drugs, e.g. betting agencies or manufacturers of alcoholic beverages.
When submitting a request for sponsorship, please provide the following details as a minimum:
- A one-page executive summary
- The defined target audience for your event
- A detailed outline of project and/or activity plans
- State and finish dates
- Implementation timeframes
- Location and venue lists
- Performance evaluation techniques
- Details and credentials of the sponsorship management team, including resumes
- Strategies to launch, publicise and promote the sponsorship
- Cost of sponsorship
Other things you could consider including, include:
- What is being offered to St.George?
- Will St.George be included in all advertising and promotion of the event?
- Ticket allocation (if applicable)
- Opportunity to present awards (if applicable)
- Opportunities to benefit our customers
- Business opportunities
- Details of other sponsors