St.George provides disaster relief package for customers impacted by Forbes flooding
27 September 2016
St.George today announced that its Disaster Relief Package is available to customers affected by the flooding in Forbes, Central West NSW.
Neelam Tandon, Head of Outer Metro NSW, St.George Retail Banking said the relief package offers immediate financial support to customers facing hardship.
“St.George understands that times like these can be extremely hard, not only emotionally and physically but also financially. We are here to help alleviate any financial concerns for our customers so they can concentrate on their safety and well-being.
“Our dedicated staff are ready to offer their support and I encourage all customers who have been affected to contact their local St.George Branch Manager to discuss their circumstances or call St.George Assist on 1800 629 795.
“The Disaster Relief Package will be available for three months until Tuesday, 27 December 2016 and offers financial assistance across our product range including debt repayment relief, interest waivers, fee cancellations and term extensions.”
The Disaster Relief Package can offer*:
- Deferral on home and personal loan repayments and suspending interest charges
- Suspension of credit card repayments and interest and providing emergency credit limit increases
- Waiving early withdrawal costs for those accessing term deposits
- nterest adjustments and fee waivers on savings and transaction accounts for customers who need ready access their money
- Restructuring of loans for our business customers
- General Insurance assessment and decisions will be fast tracked
- Providing letters to customer's insurance companies in support of claims
- Waiving branch service fees for those looking for branch assistance
All affected insurance customers should contact 1300 655 489 so that temporary accommodation and emergency funds may be arranged. Claims can be lodged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling this number. Online claims can be made via www.stgeorge.com.au> Insurance > Home and Contents Insurance > I want to > Make a claim for Home and Contents Insurance.
Our assessors will be ready to assist all customers in the worst affected areas. Customers should not put themselves at risk by going into affected areas to retrieve insurance documents or to take photographs. We understand proof of loss may not be possible and we will accept the word of customers in these instances.
*Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions apply. For further information or to request the full terms and conditions please contact St.George on the numbers stated above.