Convert one currency value to another with our simple to use calculator.
Frequently Asked Questions
What information do I need to make an International Payment?
- Details of the person receiving the money, such as their name, address and their account number
- The name of the beneficiary bank, the branch address and appropriate overseas bank identification number such as IBAN number or SWIFT code
- Sufficient funds in your account
- Details of the currency you wish to send.
What does IBAN mean?
IBAN means International Bank Account Number. An IBAN is an International Bank Account standard adopted by most European countries and many other countries, especially in the Middle East and in the Caribbean. IBANs start with a two (2) letter country code and contain between fifteen (15) and thirty-four (34) letters and numbers. The IBAN should be presented as a continuous string of alphanumeric characters i.e. GB29NWBK60161331926819 is an example IBAN for the UK.
What is a SWIFT code?
A SWIFT/BIC code is a unique identification code of a particular bank. These codes are used when transferring money internationally between banks. St.George for instance uses swift code SGBLAU2S.
This information has been prepared by St.George Bank– A division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714 ("St.George").
The exchange rates provided are applicable to foreign exchange products described on this website. The exchange rates are indicative only as at the time and date shown, are subject to market movements and therefore change continuously. They may also vary depending on the type of the transaction involved, and may be different for transactions over a certain amount. They should not be relied upon as an accurate representation of any final pricing. You should contact St. George for up-to-date pricing prior to dealing.
1. Other fees and charges may apply. You should read the St.George Global Currency Card Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision and consider whether this product is appropriate for you. This information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before deciding to acquire this product. You must be 16 years or older and have an Australian residential address to be eligible for this product. St.GeorgeBank - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141, AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (" St.George"), is the distributor of this product. Rev Australia Pty Ltd ACN 117 378 953 AFSL 401610 manages the St.George Global Currency Card product for Cuscal Limited ACN 087 822 455 AFSL 244116, an authorised deposit-taking institution and a member of Visa International. Cuscal Limited is the issuer of the product but does not take deposits from you. St.George is not responsible for and does not guarantee this product or card or your ability to access any prepaid value or the use of this product or card. Amounts held on a Global Currency Card do not represent a deposit with, or any other liability of St.George.
2. Fees and Charges apply. Consider the Online Ordering Terms and Conditions before making a decision. St.George acts as a distributor for the Foreign Currency Notes Service, which is provided by Travelex Limited ABN 36 004 179 953 AFSL 222444. St.George is not responsible for and does not guarantee this service. Amounts paid for foreign currency notes do not represent a deposit with, or any other liability of St.George, or any company in the Westpac Group.
3. Before using Internet and Phone Banking, please read the St.George Terms and Conditions for Internet Banking and Phone Banking.