Mobile Banking security
You can also take action to protect your information. Check out the following tips and suggestions for keeping your mobile device secure.
- Online Security Specialist McAfee offer McAfee Multi Access to St.George customers 6 months free Internet security covering you for up to 5 devices.
- Enable a password lock on your mobile device when it is not in use. A password protects your device so that nobody else can use it or view your information.
- Lost your mobile phone? Consider using anti-theft apps or services that may help you remotely wipe, lock and locate your phone if it’s lost or stolen.
- Frequently delete text messages from your financial institution, especially before loaning out, discarding, or selling your mobile device
- Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when you're not using them to prevent unauthorised access
- Never disclose via text message or email any banking details (account numbers, passwords) or any combination of sensitive information like your driver’s licence number or birth date that could be used in ID theft. Be wary of downloading files if you don’t trust the sender
- If you lose your mobile device or change your mobile phone number call an Internet Banking specialist on 1300 555 203 or logon to Internet Banking and update your contact details
- Do not hack or modify your mobile device as this can leave your device open to infection from a virus or Trojan.
- Sign out after each Mobile Banking session.
- Register for Secure Code, this service sends a unique code to your mobile phone or nominated landline telephone to authenticate certain types of Internet Banking transactions
Remember mobile banking applications or “apps” that let you monitor your finances and conduct certain transactions are increasing in popularity. Be cautious of those apps that request you store your banking log in details within them.
To ensure the safety of your personal and account information, download mobile apps from reputable sources only. You can download the St.George Bank iPhone App or Android App from the Apps store.
When downloading St.George Bank apps or updates for your mobile devices, ensure that St.George Bank Limited is listed as the app publisher or seller.
If you have suspicions about the authenticity of a mobile banking app contact St.George.
Download our Apps
"iPhone", "iTunes" and "iPod touch" are trademarks of Apple Inc.