Open a bank account
Everyday transaction accounts
Fixed Term Accounts
How to apply
Conditions and fees apply.
Before making a decision, it’s best to read the terms and conditions:
- Transaction, Savings + Investment Accounts Banking Services Terms and Conditions + General Information
- Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts - Fees & Charges and How to Minimise Them
- Interest rates for NSW, ACT, SA & NT
- Interest rates for VIC, QLD, WA & TAS
- Term Deposits Terms and Conditions and General Information
- Important Information Document
- Before using Internet or Phone Banking, please read the Terms and Conditions and before using Mobile or Tablet Banking, please read our Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions.
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this, please consider if it’s right for you. If you need help, call 13 33 30.
1. To be eligible for a Visa Debit Card, you must have an Australian residential address and be over 14 years of age.
2. St.George/Bank of Melbourne/Westpac/BankSA branded ATMs in Australia. Daily transaction limits apply.
3. Fees apply after the first 10 SMSs per month. SMS Alerts are charged at $0.25 each and Email Alerts are free.
4. Otherwise, a monthly service fee of $5 applies to your SENSE Everyday Account. There is no monthly service fee for your SENSE Savings Account.
5. If you open a Maxi Saver account and you have not held an Maxi Saver Account before and you are a personal customer, you'll earn an Introductory Promotional Fixed Bonus Rate of % p.a. on top of the standard variable interest rates (standard base rate and bonus rate when the bonus rate criteria is met) during the Promotional Rate Period. The Promotional Rate Period is the first 3 months from the date your account is opened.
6. Subject to systems availability.
7. Low flat monthly account service fee of $3 waived if you deposit a minimum of $1,000 by the last business day of the month.
8. Following lodgement of the minimum balance requirement, the rate is guaranteed for the term of the investment, subject to terms and conditions (e.g. returns may be reduced if an amount is withdrawn before maturity).
9. If you open a new DIY Super Saver account and you have not held a DIY Super Saver account before and you are a personal customer, you'll earn a fixed bonus rate on top of the standard variable DIY Super Saver rate. The standard variable DIY Super Saver rate may be changed at any time but the fixed bonus rate will not change while it applies during the Promotional Rate Period. The Promotional Rate Period is the first 4 months from the date your account is opened.
10. Includes bonus interest earned when you make at least one deposit and no withdrawals in the calendar month.
11. Daily withdrawal limits apply.