Why open a Maxi Saver account?
Earn interest while enjoying easy access to your money.
- $0 monthly service fee (fees may apply to your linked account)2
- Access your funds through your linked St.George transaction account
Rates, fees & charges
Outstanding security for your savings
24/7 Fraud monitoring
Whether you're banking online or over the phone, St.George safeguards your information and money with stringent security measures.
Fraud Money Back Guarantee
You'll be reimbursed for any losses due to unauthorised transactions, provided you report it to us promptly and haven't contributed to the loss4.
Get more from your Maxi Saver account
More ways to make your banking easier.
Know exactly how much money you have on hand, at a glance at your smartphone or watch.
The same high security as the other login methods, and it's backed by the same fraud protection5.
Bank conveniently & securely
Access your funds through your linked St.George transaction account 24/7 through Mobile and Internet Banking.
Note quite what you're looking for? Try these.
Conditions and fees apply.
Before making a decision, it’s best to read the terms and conditions:
- Transaction, Savings + Investment Accounts Banking Services Terms and Conditions + General Information
- Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts - Fees & Charges and How to Minimise Them
- Interest rates for NSW, ACT, SA & NT
- Interest rates for VIC, QLD, WA & TAS
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 33 30.
- If you open a Maxi Saver account and you have not held an Maxi Saver Account before and you are a personal customer, you'll earn an Introductory Promotional Fixed Bonus Rate of p.a. 1.75% on top of the standard variable interest rates (standard rate and bonus rate when the bonus rate criteria is met) during the Promotional Rate Period. The Promotional Rate Period is the first 3 months from the date your account is opened.
- Maxi Saver has no monthly account service fee but other fees and charges apply, including for branch access. To hold a Maxi Saver account you must also hold an eligible St.George account in the same name or have an existing eligible St.George joint account with your name included in the title. Fees and charges may be payable on the other account.
- Payments under the FCS are subject to a limit for each depositor. For more information see the APRA website.
- St.George Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted St.George promptly. Refer to the terms and conditions for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
- Refer to the terms and conditions for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
Apple, the Apple logo iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.