Secured Personal Loan
- A lower interest rate, where we accept your car as security1
- Flexible personal loan repayment options. Choose a fixed interest rate for peace of mind that your repayments won’t change for the term of your loan, or a variable interest rate which lets you make extra repayments each month
- The term of your secured personal loan is your choice. Choose a term of
- 1 to 7 years for variable interest rate loans
- 1 to 5 years for fixed interest rate loans
- Fast and simple application process2.
|Flexible||Your choice of a fixed or variable interest rate|
|Great rate||A lower interest rate where we accept your car as security1|
|Term of your loan||
Choose a term of
|Loan amount||Borrow from $3,000 up to $80,000|
|Fast online application||
|Flexible repayment options||
|Convenient redraw3 facility||On request, our convenient redraw facility gives you access to any extra payments you make (available on variable interest rate loans only)3.|
|Calculate your loan repayments||
With our personal loan repayment calculator you can calculate your weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments
|Protection for your loan||
You can protect your loan with our Consumer Credit Insurance5.
Find the loan that’s right for you by comparing our personal loans.
|Annual interest rate||Comparison rate4|
|Standard variable from||% p.a.||% p.a.|
|1 year fixed from||%* p.a.||% p.a.|
|2 year fixed from||%* p.a.||% p.a.|
|3 year fixed from||%* p.a.||% p.a.|
|4 year fixed from||%* p.a.||% p.a.|
|5 year fixed from||%* p.a.||% p.a.|
|Establishment Fee||$195 (Excludes government charges such as stamp duty, search fees, fee for registration of security interest with the Personal Property Securities Register or any other disbursements, wherever these are applicable.)|
|Monthly Administration Fee (for personal loans on which the fee applies)||
$9 for loans approved from 18 September 2005
For other personal loans, see our Personal Loan Fees and Charges.
|Payment dishonour fee||$9 payable whenever a direct debit order for payment from another institution is dishonoured|
|Personal Loan Discharge Processing fee - may be payable if a personal loan is repaid before the end of the loan term||
For loans approved from 26 February 2006:
For loans approved before 26 February 2006, see our Personal Loan Fees and Charges.
For loans approved from 26 October 2000:
Break costs are payable on early payout or partial payment (in excess of the limit set out in the loan terms and conditions) of a fixed rate loan. Break costs are an amount equal to the Bank’s reasonable estimate of its loss due to breaking of the fixed rate period or early repayment of a fixed rate personal loan.
For all other charges, please see our Personal Loan Fees and Charges.
Apply now. It takes less than 15 minutes1 and anyone can apply online!
Information you'll need to apply
- Your current employer's name, address and main switchboard number
- If you are self-employed, you will need to provide your recent tax information
- Weekly after-tax income for each person applying for the loan
- Details of your assets, your savings and investments
- Amounts owing on your credit cards, store accounts, etc.
- Details of your other expenses
- One personal reference including their name, address and contact phone number
How to apply
Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions.
The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 33 30.
1. To qualify for a lower interest rate, any motor vehicle offered as security must not be more than 12 years old upon loan expiry. The vehicle used as security must be registered under the applicant's name. If the vehicle is registered in joint names, the loan application must be under joint names.
2. Subject to system availability and St.George lending criteria. Approval may take longer if application is referred for further review.
3. Redraw requests are subject to our approval. Minimum redraw amount $500 and a redraw fee applies for each approved request. Other fees and charges may be payable.
4. The comparison rate is based on a loan of $30,000 and 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
5. St.George Personal Credit Protect is issued by Swann Insurance (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 80 000 886 680 (who issues the Involuntary Unemployment cover and the Disablement cover) and St.George Life Limited ABN 88 076 763 936 (who issues the Death cover). St.George – A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 distributes the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. St.George Life Limited is a subsidiary of the Bank. This information is general only and does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement, available at St.George Personal Credit Protect, to see if this insurance is right for you.
* Interest rate applicable to new loans approved on or after 15 June 2015.