Unsecured Personal Overdraft
Anticipate your upcoming expenses and be better prepared for the unexpected.
Why choose our Unsecured Personal Overdraft?
- Enjoy credit your way - know the money's there when you need it
- Set up your direct debits knowing you'll be covered if you fall short
- Continue using your transaction account as you normally would
- Apply for a credit limit between $500 and $20,000.
- Only pay interest on what you use
- Access your extra funds up to an approved limit through your Complete Freedom transaction account at any time
- Repay as much as you want, at any time: no set repayment term, no expiry date.
- Establishment Fee: $0
- Monthly Administration Fee: $5
Other fees and charges may apply, please refer to our Personal Loan Fees and Charges.
Refer to the St.George Transaction, Savings and Investment Accounts – Fees and Charges and how to minimise them document for information on fees applicable to transactions on an Unsecured Personal Overdraft.
Variable interest rate
How it works
The overdraft is a feature of your Complete Freedom or Express Freedom transaction account that allows you to access extra funds, up to an approved limit. You can continue to use your account as normal, withdrawing cash at ATMs, making purchases using your debit card, and honouring direct debits.
You only pay interest on what you use, and you can redraw as often as you need, up to your approved limit, helping you to be better prepared.
Get started in 3 easy steps
in 10 minutes (5 minutes for existing customers)
Get a response
in 60 seconds1
Access your funds online
Within 15 mins of approval1
Have you got questions about applying?
Other ways to apply
You can also apply over the phone or in branch.
Still not sure?
Use our helpful tools to compare our personal loans.
Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this general information, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 33 30.
1. Subject to systems availability
* Interest rate applicable to new loans approved on or after 22 November 2015.