Natural Disaster Recovery Fund 2015
It’s only once the dust has settled that the true impact of a disaster is realised.
That’s why St.George supports the Natural Disaster Recovery Fund1 to help Australian communities recovering from natural disasters.
Community and not-for-profit organisations were invited to apply for a recovery grant of up to $10,000 to support the recovery of the affected regions below:
- Central Queensland, Fitzroy and Wide Bay Burnett, Queensland* – impacted by Cyclone Marcia in February 2015;
- Hunter (including Dungog and Maitland), Newcastle, and Central Coast, New South Wales* – impacted by storms in April 2015.
Applications are now closed.
Applications closed at 6PM 14 September 2015 (AEST - Sydney time). Submissions will now be considered by a panel of local representatives. Successful applicants will be notified in October 2015.
What types of projects may be awarded a grant
- Repairs and rebuilding of local community assets and infrastructure such as community halls, sports facilities and community gardens.
- Sources of information materials, communications activities and equipment such as community newsletters, brochures, websites, UHF Radios, and activities that help to increase a community’s disaster preparedness and improve their resilience.
- Activities that assist with regenerating the wellbeing of the local community such as community BBQs, sports days, peer support groups (e.g. craft groups, Men’s Sheds, CWAs), community lunches.
- Economic and community development such as small events, training and capacity building of volunteers, local tourism initiatives that assist with returning tourism to impacted regions and capturing opportunities to stimulate local economic recovery.
Frequently asked questions
1. The establishment of the Natural Disaster Recovery Fund was announced by the Westpac Group on 23 October 2013. St George Bank is a member of the Westpac Group.
*Applications from organisations working in the following postcode areas will be given priority. However, applications from organisations working outside these postcodes may, at Westpac Group's discretion, also be considered on a case-by-case basis:
-Central Queensland, Fitzroy and Wide Bay Burnett, QLD: 4700, 4701, 4702, 4703, 4870, 4875, 4740, 4680, 4670, 4305, 4707, 4626, 4717, 4718, 4715, 4630, 4570, 4655, 4650, 4581, 4710 & 4711
- Central Coast, Hunter, and Newcastle, NSW: 2250, 2259, 2264, 2265, 2312, 2415, 2420, 2423, 2428, 2267, 2278, 2280, 2287, 2306, 2320, 2324, 2325, 2330, 2290, 2300