We’re here for you
We have a proud history of supporting our customers, communities and employees in the face of natural disasters such as bushfires, storms, floods or cyclones.
To help manage the impact of natural disasters on your finances, we’ve set up Disaster Relief Packages. Depending on the nature of the disaster, these packages generally include:
- Affected customers with St.George home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- St.George will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected St.George customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation. Contact us to find out if you are eligible or to make a claim
- Customers experiencing severe hardship may also be offered a halt on all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
In addition to the immediate relief packages, we also offer you longer term support. We’re collaborating at a national level on ways we can help build more resilient communities in the face of future natural disasters.
We have created a donations feature to make it easier for customers to support any national disaster relief, by being able to donate directly via the St.George Mobile Banking app, rather than having to visit a branch.
To make a donation click here
Conditions, fees and charges apply. These may change or we may introduce new ones in the future. Full details are available on request. Lending criteria apply to approval of credit products. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Consider its appropriateness to these factors before acting on it. Read the disclosure documents for your selected product or service, including the Terms and Conditions or Product Disclosure Statement, before deciding. Unless otherwise specified, the products and services described on this website are available only in Australia from Bank for Melbourne a division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.