We’re here for you
We have a proud history of supporting our customers, communities and employees in the face of natural disasters such as bushfires, storms, floods or cyclones.
To help manage the impact of natural disasters on your finances, we’ve set up Disaster Relief Packages. Depending on the nature of the disaster, these packages generally include:
- Affected customers with St.George home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- St.George will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected St.George customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation. Contact us to find out if you are eligible or to make a claim
- Customers experiencing severe hardship may also be offered a halt on all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
Protection Plans Drought Assistance Package
In August 2018, New South Wales and Queensland State Governments declared 100% and 60% of their states were in drought respectively. We are offering a Drought Assistance Package which provides a premium waiver period of 6 months for eligible Protection Plans life insurance customers in the affected regions. Policy holders can apply for this assistance from 14 January until 30 Sept 2019.
If you have any questions about the Protection Plans Drought Assistance Package, please speak to your financial adviser, or call us on 1800 025 127 Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 6.30pm (AEST).
Protection Plans Bushfire Assistance Package
To assist customers adversely impacted by the September and October 2019 bushfires in Northern New South Wales and Southern Queensland, we are offering a Bushfire Assistance Package which provides a premium waiver period of 3 months for eligible Protection Plans life insurance policies. Cover will continue on the policies during the premium waiver period under this package.
Policy holders can apply for this assistance from 1 November 2019 until 31 March 2020.
If you have any questions about the Protection Plans Bushfire Assistance Package, please speak to your financial adviser, or call us on 131817 Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 6.30pm (AEST).
In addition to the immediate relief packages, we also offer you longer term support. We’re collaborating at a national level on ways we can help build more resilient communities in the face of future natural disasters.
We have created a donations feature to make it easier for customers to support any national disaster relief, by being able to donate directly via the St.George Mobile Banking app, rather than having to visit a branch.
To make a donation click here