Business bank accounts
Not sure which business account you need?
Compare business accounts, or read more about each account below.
Open a Freedom Business Account by 28 February 2019 and you could get $100 cashback*.
To qualify for the cashback to your account you must complete the following transactions:
- Deposit $1,000 into your Freedom Business Account within 60 days of opening
- Make 5 Visa debit card purchases within 60 days of account opening.
*Conditions apply. Offer for a limited time only.
Ideal for starting a new business
Special offer: Open a Freedom Business account and you could get $100 cashback.*
- Unlimited fee-free electronic transactions1
- 30 free in-branch transactions (includes over the counter, electronic agency, and cheque deposits and withdrawals)
- Business Visa Debit card at no extra cost
- $10 monthly account keeping fee will be applicable.
For businesses with high transactional needs
Complete everyday transaction bank account ideal for businesses that do lots of transactions each month
- Unlimited fee-free electronic transactions1
- 70 free in-branch transactions (includes over the counter, electronic agency, and cheque deposits and withdrawals)
- Instant access and earn interest on business funds
- $20 monthly account keeping fee.
Access your savings when you need them
Make the most of your business funds with full access should you need it with our business savings account.
- Earn a competitive interest rate
- 24/7 access via Internet and Phone Banking to a linked eligible Bank of Melbourne everyday account1
- No minimum monthly balance or deposit required
- No monthly account keeping fee on this account.2
More for your business
Account keeping fee waived when you take out EFTPOS 1 on a Simple Pricing Plan
Freedom Business Account monthly account keeping fee waived for the first 12 months when you take out an EFTPOS 1 terminal and stay on a Simple Pricing Plan (currently saving you $120)#. Standard fee applies after this time.
Terms & conditions, fees & charges apply.
Business bank accounts FAQs
|Freedom Business Account||Business Cheque Account Plus|
|Monthly account keeping fee||$10 each month||$20 each month3|
|Monthly fee-free transaction allowance||30 free in-branch transactions (includes over the counter, electronic agency, and cheque deposits and withdrawals)||70 free in-branch transactions (includes over the counter, electronic agency, and cheque deposits and withdrawals)|
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your financial circumstances. Before deciding to acquire or hold a product, please read the Terms and Conditions and consider if the product is appropriate for you. The Terms and Conditions are important and we encourage you to review, save and print it. If you would like a paper copy ask at your local branch.
Conditions and fees apply.
Terms and conditions, fees and charges apply. Read the terms and conditions available at https://www.stgeorge.com.au/business/bank-accounts/freedom-business-account before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account.
*To be eligible for this offer, customers need to open a Freedom Business Account between 1 February 2019 and 28 February 2019 (inclusive) (“Offer Period”) and complete a minimum of 5 Visa Debit Card Transactions and deposit $1,000 into the account within 60 days of opening the account (“Eligibility Period”). Eligible customers will receive $100 deposited into their account within 60 days of the end of the Eligibility Period. (“Offer”). The Offer is limited to one $100 deposit per eligible customer, except (a) in the case of opening a joint account if any one of the joint account holders becomes an eligible customer for a separate Freedom Business Account opened during the Offer Period, no $100 deposit will be paid to any of the joint accounts holders in respect of the relevant joint account; or (b) in the case of opening a joint account where the account holders of a joint account all become eligible customers for the relevant joint account, and none are excluded as a result of one of the joint account holders becoming an eligible customer for a separate Freedom Business Account opened during the Offer Period, only one $100 deposit will be made to the relevant joint account and not to each individual customer who is an account holder of the relevant joint account. The Offer excludes any Freedom Business Accounts opened during the Offer Period where any one or more of the customers who are account holders of that Freedom Business Account were account holders of a Freedom Business Account (either individually or jointly) opened with any of BankSA, St.George Bank or Bank of Melbourne at any time before and including 31 January 2019. The Offer is not available with any other offer. The Offer may be repeated from time to time, withdrawn, varied or extended at any time. St.George Bank - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
1. Electronic transactions are Internet and Phone Banking deposits, withdrawals and transfers, Direct Debits and Credits, St.George/BankSA/Bank of Melbourne/Westpac ATM withdrawals in Australia, St.George/BankSA/Bank of Melbourne ATM deposits and mini transaction history and EFTPOS withdrawals and Business Visa Debit Card transactions. Internet and Phone Banking and Business Banking Online are subject to systems availability, daily transaction limits apply.
2. Other fees and charges may apply, including for branch access. Fees and charges may be payable on your eligible St.George everyday account.
3. This fee does not apply if you have a Commercial Overdraft or Business Maximiser Overdraft facility. Please see the Business Lending and Finance Facilities Fees and Charges for specific services and loan accounts booklet for the monthly account keeping fee/loan administration fee that will apply to your facility. All credit applications are subject to St.George’s normal lending criteria.
# The Monthly Account Keeping Fee, currently $10 per month, for your Freedom Business account will be waived for the first 12 months while you continue to hold and settle a Merchant Facility on a Simple Pricing Plan. After the end of 12 month period, the standard Monthly Account Keeping Fee (applicable at that time) will be applied. The Freedom Business account must be in the same name as the Merchant Facility. This offer is not applicable for any other account type and for a single account per Simple Pricing Plan only. All other account fees and charges apply. Where you do not hold a Freedom Business account or cease to hold a Merchant Facility on a Simple Pricing Plan, the standard Monthly Account Fee (applicable at that time) will apply for the account. We may withdraw or vary any benefit under this offer by providing you 30 days’ written (including electronic) notice. This offer may be withdrawn or varied at any time. Applications for merchant services are subject to approval. Terms and Conditions and other fees and charges apply. Full details are available on request.