Complete Freedom Student
You Could Score $50 on us!
New Complete Freedom Student customers open an account by 31 March 2017 and deposit $250 within 60 days and we’ll contribute $50 to your account (conditions apply*).
Gaming Cash Back Offer
Get 10% cash back on your online gaming purchases. Until 30 September 2017^. Rebate limited to a maximum spend of $200 per month. Available for new and existing eligible Complete Freedom Student customers.
Complete Freedom Student account comes with the following services and features:
- $0 monthly account service fee for under 18s and full-time tertiary students, including apprentices
- Visa Debit card1
- Use Tap & Pay with your eligible Samsung mobile to make purchases at contactless terminals
- No ATM withdrawal fee at over 3,000 St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne & Westpac ATMs in Australia and at over 50,000 ATMs Globally2.
What you get
Find out more
Complete Freedom, and outstanding security
Card on Hold
If you misplace your card, you don't have to cancel it. With the Card Block feature on our mobile banking app, you can freeze it for up to 15 days while you look for it4.
24/7 Fraud monitoring
Whether you're banking online or over the phone, St.George safeguards your information and money with stringent security measures5.
How to apply
Fees and charges apply.
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions and decide whether the product is appropriate for you.
- Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts - Banking Services Terms and Conditions and General Information
- Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts - Fees & Charges and How to Minimise Them
- Interest rates for NSW, ACT, SA & NT
- Interest rates for VIC, QLD, WA & TAS
- Before using Internet or Phone Banking, please read the Terms and Conditions and before using Mobile or Tablet Banking, please read our Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions.
The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 33 30.
BPAY® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd. ABN 69 079 137 518
^Offer available on the Complete Freedom and Complete Freedom Student account. Based on eligibility criteria, offer is only available to individuals over the age of 18 years. Available from the 1 October 2016 until 30 September 2017, however St.George reserves the right to withdraw the offer at anytime. Use your Complete Freedom or Complete Freedom Student Visa Debit card to pay for digital video gaming purchases on online platforms and St.George will reimburse you 10% on these purchases. Rebate limited to a maximum spend of $200 per month. Digital video game purchases refers to Visa Debit Card purchases made on PlayStation Store©, Xbox One©, Steam©, Battle Net©, EA Origin©, Nintendo® eShop and Riot Games©. St.George will reimburse the relevant amounts on a monthly basis within 10 business days from the last business day of each month, account must remain open to receive the rebate. For customers with multiple eligible accounts, or a joint account, the cashback will be capped to one customer.
*Offer excludes existing/previous Complete Freedom Student Account holders. Eligible customers need to open a Complete Freedom Student Account between 13/01/17 and 31/03/17 (inclusive) and deposit a minimum of $250 within 60 days of opening the account. Eligible customers will receive $50 deposited into their account by 01/06/17. Accounts must remain open on 01/06/17 to be eligible for the $50 payment. Offer limited to one $50 deposit per eligible customer. Where a joint account is opened, the offer is limited to only one $50 deposit in respect of the account. If one of the joint account holders has already received their $50 deposit in respect of another account, then none of the remaining joint account holders will be eligible for the offer in respect of the joint account. © 2017 St.George Bank – A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
1. Visa Debit Card: To be eligible for a Visa Debit Card, you must have an Australian residential address and be over 14 years of age. If you’re under 14, you can apply for a Freedom Card.
2. Global Alliance ATM: Other fees and charges may be payable.
3. Cardless Cash: is available on eligible transaction accounts with a linked card. Cardless Cash limit of 3 cardless transactions per day, subject to daily withdrawal limit of $500 and weekly withdrawal limit of $1,000. All Cardless Cash limits apply across St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne accounts and Mobile Banking apps.
4. Card on Hold: will temporarily stop new transactions on your card for 15 days or until reactivated. The card will automatically reactivate after 15 days if you do not cancel the card. Customers must be registered for St.George Internet Banking. Available on Visa Debit or Visa Credit cards only. Internet connection is required to access St.George Mobile Banking app. Normal data charges apply.
5. Fraud Money Back Guarantee: ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted St.George promptly. Refer to the terms and conditions for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
Apple, the Apple logo iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.