Complete Freedom Student
Get $50 on us!
New to Complete Freedom Student? Open an account by 30th of September and deposit $250 within 45 days and we’ll chuck in $50. Conditions apply.*
Gaming Cash Back Offer
Get 10% cash back on your online gaming purchases. Until 30 September 2017^. Rebate limited to a maximum spend of $200 per month. Available for new and existing eligible Complete Freedom Student customers.
Complete Freedom Student account comes with the following services and features:
$0 monthly account service fee for under 18s and full-time tertiary students, including apprentices
Visa Debit card1
Use Tap & Pay with your eligible Samsung mobile to make purchases at contactless terminals
No ATM withdrawal fee at over 3,000 St.George, BankSA, Bank of Melbourne & Westpac ATMs in Australia and at over 50,000 ATMs Globally2
What you get
Find out more
Complete Freedom, and outstanding security
Card on Hold
If you misplace your card, you don't have to cancel it. With the Card Block feature on our mobile banking app, you can freeze it for up to 15 days while you look for it4.
24/7 Fraud monitoring
Whether you're banking online or over the phone, St.George safeguards your information and money with stringent security measures5.
How to apply
Fees and charges apply.
- Transaction, Savings and Investment Accounts. Banking Services Terms and Conditions and General Information
- Transaction, Savings and Investment Accounts. Fees & Charges and How to Minimise Them
- Interest rates for NSW, ACT, SA & NT
- Interest rates for VIC, QLD, WA & TAS
- Before using Internet or Phone Banking, please read the Terms and Conditions and before using Mobile or Tablet Banking, please read our Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions.
The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 33 30.
BPAY® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd. ABN 69 079 137 518
*Fees and charges apply. Read the terms and conditions before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. Excludes customers who have held a Complete Freedom Student Account with St.George, BankSA or Bank of Melbourne anytime from 30th June 2016. Not available with any other new account offer. Eligible customers need to open a Complete Freedom Student Account between 1st of July 2017 and 30th September 2017 (inclusive) and deposit a minimum of $250 within 45 days of opening the account. Eligible customers will receive $50 deposited into their account within 52 days of account opening. Offer limited to one $50 deposit per eligible customer. Where a joint account is opened, the offer is limited to only one $50 deposit in respect of the account. If one of the joint account holders has already received their $50 deposit in respect of another account, then none of the remaining joint account holders will be eligible for the offer in respect of the joint account.
Online gaming offer:
^Offer available on the Complete Freedom and Complete Freedom Student account. Based on eligibility criteria, offer is only available to individuals over the age of 18 years. Available from the 1 October 2016 until 30 September 2017, however St.George reserves the right to withdraw the offer at anytime. Use your Complete Freedom or Complete Freedom Student Visa Debit card to pay for digital video gaming purchases on online platforms and St.George will reimburse you 10% on these purchases. Rebate limited to a maximum spend of $200 per month. Digital video game purchases refers to Visa Debit Card purchases made on PlayStation Store©, Xbox One©, Steam©, Battle Net©, EA Origin©, Nintendo® eShop and Riot Games©. St.George will reimburse the relevant amounts on a monthly basis within 10 business days from the last business day of each month, account must remain open to receive the rebate. For customers with multiple eligible accounts, or a joint account, the cashback will be capped to one customer.
1. Visa Debit Card: To be eligible for a Visa Debit Card, you must have an Australian residential address and be over 14 years of age. If you’re under 14, you can apply for a Freedom Card.
2. Global Alliance ATM: Other fees and charges may be payable.
3. Cardless Cash: is available on eligible transaction accounts with a linked card. Cardless Cash limit of 3 cardless transactions per day, subject to daily withdrawal limit of $500 and weekly withdrawal limit of $1,000. All Cardless Cash limits apply across St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne accounts and Mobile Banking apps.
4. Card on Hold: will temporarily stop new transactions on your card for 15 days or until reactivated. The card will automatically reactivate after 15 days if you do not cancel the card. Customers must be registered for St.George Internet Banking. Available on Visa Debit or Visa Credit cards only. Internet connection is required to access St.George Mobile Banking app. Normal data charges apply.
5. Fraud Money Back Guarantee: ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted St.George promptly. Refer to the terms and conditions for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
Apple, the Apple logo iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.