Things to keep in mind
- A St.George travel money card is a prepaid Visa money card that can be used to make payments in multiple currencies. You can avoid the 3% foreign exchange fee when shopping or getting cash in a currency loaded on the card1
- A St.George Visa Debit Card2 lets you access your own money to make purchases, wherever Visa is accepted. You can also use your Visa Debit Card to withdraw local currency from ATMs (fees apply).1
- For Credit Cardholders who currently withdraw money in Australia from a linked Savings or Cheque account, it is important to know that this functionality may not be available when using overseas ATMs, including Global ATM Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to a Savings and/or Cheque account when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Visa Debit Card for these accounts.
- A 3% St.George Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected.
- The daily withdrawal limit for a St.George Visa Debit Card is A$1000. This limit can be increased to a maximum of $2,000 by visiting a St.George branch or calling Telephone Banking on 13 33 22.
- Some overseas banks may charge an ATM fee for withdrawals. This will be brought to your attention before you proceed with the transaction and can be avoided by using one of our Global ATM Alliance network ATMs.
- You may wish to carry some foreign cash to make it easier to pay for incidental expenses like fares and tips.
1. Global Alliance ATM: No ATM withdrawal fee at over 50,000 Westpac Group, Global ATM Alliance and Partner ATMs globally. Other fees and charges may be payable. A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected, Some Global Alliance ATMs require you to select the "credit" option. A list of Global Alliance members is available.
2. VISA Debit: To be eligible for a Visa Debit Card, you must be 14 years or older and have an Australian residential address