Amplify Platinum Card
- Earn up to 60,000 bonus Qantas or Amplify points – 40,000 bonus points in the first year when you spend $3,000 on a new card within 90 days of card approval, plus 20,000 bonus points in the second year when you pay the annual card fee.
Terms and conditions, exclusions apply*.
Offers end 20th September 2017.
- Your choice of rewards programs, with Platinum extras
- All the benefits of Amplify plus:
- Double points on international spend
- A range of complimentary insurance covers – including overseas travel insurance and extended warranty on purchases as set out in the policy5
- 24/7 Visa Concierge service12
- All for a low annual fee of $99.
Need some help?
This card is issued as a Visa card.
Conditions, fees and credit criteria apply.
View the terms and conditions
- Credit Card Conditions of Use
- Credit Card Accounts Fees and Charges
- Amplify Rewards Terms and Conditions and Amplify Qantas Terms and Conditions
- Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions
The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it's right for you.
Offers are not available in conjunction with any special offers that are not listed on www.stgeorge.com.au. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible.
*Bonus points promotion: The bonus points promotion is available when you apply for a new Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card between 3rd May 2017 and 20th September 2017 and spend the minimum amount of $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval on one or more transactions. Eligible purchases do not include BPAY, fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus points depend on your choice of Rewards Program. 40,000 bonus Qantas Points or Amplify Points will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks after the spend criteria being met. An additional 20,000 bonus Qantas Points or Amplify Points will be credited to your points balance within 6 weeks of: (1) the anniversary of your first eligible purchase transaction and (2) payment of your annual credit card fee. Existing St.George customers who currently hold an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer.
2. Earn Amplify Points through the use of an Amplify Platinum Card as set out in the Amplify Rewards & Amplify Qantas Terms and Conditions. Points are not earned on cash advances and balance transfers or in other specified circumstances. Minimum 3,000 Amplify Points is needed to redeem for any reward. Specific conditions may apply to the redemption of particular rewards. Refer to amplify.stgeorge.com.au.
3. Amplify Travel gives you access to most major domestic and international airlines within and from Australia and their connecting partner airlines. As with booking through a travel agent, in certain circumstances seats may not be available on the airline or flight of your choice at the time you wish to travel. Terms and conditions apply. For further details call Amplify Travel on 1300 489 586. Amplify Travel is operated by Pinpoint Travel Group Pty. Ltd. Licence No. 2TA 002974. Amplify Travel charges a credit card usage fee.
4. Earn Qantas Points as set out in the Amplify Rewards & Amplify Qantas Terms and Conditions. Qantas Points are not earned on cash advances and balance transfers or in other specified circumstances. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. A joining fee usually applies, but for a limited time St George has arranged for this to be waived for new Amplify cardholders who are not already members and who choose to link their card to Amplify Qantas (limit of one complimentary membership per new account). For more information on the Qantas Frequent Flyer program visit qantas.com/frequentflyer or call 13 11 31.
5. QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 which allows eligible St.George account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions, of the group policy, are set out in the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions, which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by calling 1300 489 586 or download the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions.
6. An additional card can be issued on the primary cardholder’s credit card account to any nominated person 16 or older provided the account is not a joint account. All transactions using the additional card will be the responsibility of the primary cardholder.
8. You must be a member of the relevant airline points or miles program to redeem Amplify Points for airline points or miles. To redeem, at least 3,000 Amplify Points are needed with additional increments in multiples of 500 Amplify Points at a time for airline points or miles. Award flights are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. The terms and conditions of the relevant airline points or miles program apply.
9. Classic Award flights on Qantas and 35 partner airlines. Additional charges and taxes payable with Qantas Points or money on Classic Award flights at the time of booking. The number of Qantas & Partner Classic Award seats available varies and depends on the flight date, season and destination. Some flights may not have any Classic Award seats available. The seats made available for Classic Awards on Qantas flights may also be obtained through the Qantas Any Seat Award booking process (although Qantas Points required are usually higher, and include surcharges, fees and taxes). Different conditions apply to Any Seat Awards. Members can still choose to obtain those seats as Classic Awards in a separate booking.
10. Qantas and Jetstar Any Seat Awards are available on any flight with a QF or JQ number. As long as there is a seat available for sale, you can book a Qantas or Jetstar Any Seat Award. The points required for these seats are variable and are only valid when quoted. There is no fixed relationship between the cash price charged by the applicable airline for a seat and the points required to redeem on Any Seat Award through Qantas Frequent Flyer. Not all special promotional fares are available as Any Seat Awards.
12. Visa Platinum/ Visa Signature Concierge (“Concierge”) is serviced by a third party supplier. By accessing or using the Concierge, or attempting to do so, you are deemed to have understood and agreed to the terms of usage.