Building insurance is designed to protect the physical structures and fixtures that make up your building: from the house itself, to the garage, fences and paved driveways – even built-in appliances like showers and baths, hot water systems, air-conditioners and more.
Contents insurance protects the belongings you have at the insured address that you have provided for the use of your tenant: from your furniture, carpet and appliances and even your BBQ.
So, if any of the insured events happen during the period of insurance, Allianz will generally pay to repair or replace your contents – up to the policy limits.
We will cover your legal liability up to $20 million for payment of compensation relating to death, bodily injury or illness, and/or physical loss of or damage to property which occurred at the insured address.
If your building is damaged by an insured event and can’t be lived in by your tenant, or, if agreed that access to or the use of your building was not possible after an insured event, you will be paid for your loss of rent on the building for up to 12 months.
The repair or replacement of contents you own and provide for your tenant’s use will be covered as a result of an insured event. Covered up to the sum insured for contents, or if you select buildings only cover; the lesser of $10,000 or the remainder of the sum insured after a buildings claim.
Wear and tear including depreciation, gradual deterioration, wear and tear or lack of maintenance.
Inherent defects including faulty design or materials, structural defects or poor workmanship.
Illegal contents or personal effects which are acquired illegally or are illegally held.
Soil movement including erosion, landslide, mudslide or subsidence unless it is directly caused by and occurs within 72 hours of an explosion, earthquake, tsunami, storm or flood.
Here is a limited summary of the benefits of a building and contents insurance policy. For full details, of the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply please read the , the and the Landlord Key Fact Sheets (KFS) before making a decision to purchase the insurance.
Save up to 10% off your first year’s premiums when you buy online.1&2
Save up to 10% when you combine your building and contents cover on the one policy.2&4
Get a fast quote online. You can also buy over the phone or in branch with one of our friendly consultants.
We are here to help with your insurance needs. We also have optional cover to give you a greater flexibility of cover. Talk to us on 13 33 30.
You can also lodge a claim online and get instant lodgement confirmation. How to make a claim.
If you buy St.George Landlord Insurance, your insurer will be Allianz Australia Insurance Limited. This means if you need to make a claim, Allianz will be there for you to help you get back on track as soon as possible. For more information about our distribution arrangement with Allianz, see the disclaimer below and our .
It’s up to you to decide the sums insured, and the type and level of cover that you want to take out. People generally want enough insurance to cover the property’s estimated replacement value. It’s important to have the right amount of insurance to cover the cost of replacing your home in today’s dollars if the unexpected happens. If you don’t have enough, you may have to cover some of the cost yourself and if you have too much, you may only be paid an amount that covers your loss. That's why we've provided these calculators. They work as guides to help you estimate the replacement value of your landlord building and contents. ^
If you purchased your Insurance before 12 December 2021, here’s where you can find more information about your policy.
1. Online discount When you buy a new landlord insurance policy online a discount of up to 10% is automatically applied to your first year’s premium including for and for optional cover Rent Default and Theft by Tenant cover (if selected)]This discount is not applied on renewal.
2. Minimum premiums If you are eligible for more than one discount, Allianz applies them in a predetermined order. This means any subsequent discount will be applied to the reduced premium amount after applying any prior discounts and the effect of the subsequent discount will be reduced. For example, the aggregate effect of applying two 10% discounts consecutively means that you will not see the full benefit of both these discounts. Discounts do not apply to taxes or government charges. Discounts do not apply to optional covers for Domestic workers’ compensation (if available and selected). Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and may only apply to the extent that any minimum premium is not reached.
3. Instalment premiums If you choose to pay your premium by instalments you do not pay us any more than if you pay your premium in one lump sum annually. The premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding. Note: Your financial institution may apply transaction fees to instalment payments.
4. Combined A premium discount of up to 10% for combining Building and Contents covers on one policy is applied for Building and Contents cover. This discount is not applied to the premium for Flood, or for optional cover; Rent Default and Theft by tenant.
5. Only primary policyholders can see policies alongside their other St.George Bank accounts.
St.George – A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank) can arrange the following insurance but does not guarantee it.
Product Disclosure Statements (PDS)
For the standard terms, conditions and exclusions about our Home & Landlord Insurance, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and any supplementary PDS (if applicable), and the . To see some of the events covered and not covered, please refer to our Key Fact Sheets (KFS).
Landlord Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 (Allianz). St.George - a Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL 233714 (the Bank) arranges the insurance under a distribution agreement with Allianz Insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Before making a decision, please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement. For more information call 13 33 30.
A target market determination has been made for this product. Please visit https://www.stgeorge.com.au/tmd for the target market determination.