Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to accessibility page Skip to search input

Award Winning Insurance

St.George Insurance has been awarded;

  • Canstar’s 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value 2018-2019 for Contents Insurance
  • Mozo’s Expert Choice 2019 award for Exceptional Value for Home & Contents Insurance

Home & Contents Insurance

Cover for both your home and personal belongings, should an unexpected event cause loss or damage to your property. Home & Contents Insurance covers the cost of rebuilding or repairing your home along with repair or new for old replacement of your personal belongings.  

Learn more

Contents Insurance

Your personal belongings might be worth more than what you think. Contents Insurance provides cover if an unexpected event were to cause loss or damage to your belongings, ideal for properties where you pay strata fees and you need additional cover. 

Learn more

Building Insurance

Cover to repair or rebuild the physical structure of a property or any permanent fixtures in an unexpected event, such as flood, fire and more. Building Insurance is calculated on rebuild value and not the market value of a property.

Learn more

Landlord Insurance

Cover for both your investment property and contents that you lease out to tenants from loss or damage caused by flood, fire, storm, theft and more.

Learn more

Renters Insurance

Your landlord is responsible for your four walls, but what about your personal belongings? Renters Contents Insurance gives you peace of mind that if an unexpected event were to happen, which causes loss or damage to your contents, you have the help you need to get back on your feet.

Learn more

Frequently asked questions

Who is responsible for Building Insurance if I live in a unit?

If you live in a strata title apartment, the building will be covered by residential strata insurance (also known as body corporate cover). This type of cover is mandatory in every state and territory in Australia and the cost is shared between all owners, and is generally included as part of the building levies. Check with the executive committee of your building or managing agent to confirm your apartment is covered through residential strata insurance.


Which kind of Building Insurance policy is right for you?

There are two types of Building Insurance cover – total replacement and sum-insured:

Total replacement covers all the costs to rebuild your home to the standard it was before it was destroyed. A total replacement policy means you won’t have to worry about any shortfall to repair or rebuild your home.

Sum insured provides cover up to a set amount to repair or rebuild your home.


Who needs Contents Insurance?

Contents Insurance is suitable whether you live in a home or unit - and whether you own your place or rent. If you own and live in a unit or apartment and there is a body corporate, you’ll need to include fixtures and fittings such as carpets, light fittings, kitchen cupboards and repainting costs in your contents insurance.


What type of insurance do you need for your home?

Building Insurance (also known as home owners insurance) provides cover for your home from events such as fire, storm damage and floods. It covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home and other buildings on your property such as garages and sheds.

Building insurance covers both the main structure as well as permanent fixtures such as kitchen cabinets, plumbing and built-in wardrobes. Depending on the policy, it may also cover any legal liability caused to someone injured visiting your property.


Offer & Benefits

Save up to 25% online*

Quote and buy online to save 15% off your annual premium for the first year with promotional code COVER. Plus, 10% when you combine home and contents located at the same address under one policy.

Payment flexibility

You can pay for your cover monthly or yearly - whatever suits you.^

Simple claims process

24/7 claims support available online and over the phone, we're there for you when you need us. One of our dedicated Australian claims managers will call you back if we have further questions.  

Important information

Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.

Product Disclosure Statements (PDS)

Home and Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement and Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 382KB)  (applicable to policies issued or renewed on or after 1 July 2019)

Home and Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement and Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 365KB) (applicable to policies initially issued in the period between 30 June 2018 and 30 June 2019; or renewed in the period between 30 July 2018 and 30 June 2019)

This information does not take your personal objectives, circumstances or needs into account. Read the relevant PDS(s) to see if this insurance is right for you.

View the Retail and Business Banking Financial Services Guide, Credit Guide and Privacy Statement. (PDF 137KB)

* Quote and buy online and save 15% off your annual premium for the first year with promotional code COVER. Plus, save 10% when you combine building and contents at the same address under the one policy.

Home and Contents Insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (except workers compensation cover where applicable).  St.George  – a Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank) distributes the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance.