Vertigo Platinum Card
Our lowest variable purchase rate - just % p.a. (% p.a. variable on cash advances)
Complimentary insurance covers4
Personal concierge service3
Up to 55 days interest free on purchases when you pay the closing balance (including any balance transfer amount) by the statement due date each month
for 18 months
on balance transfers, requested at card application2
for up to 12 months
on purchases from card approval*
for the first year for existing customers^
Variable purchase rate applies after the promotional period. Offers end 4 January 2017
Rates & Fees
More great reasons to choose a Vertigo Platinum credit card
See your balance without having to login with our handy Quick Balance Tool and make payments a breeze with Visa payWave and Android pay.
Security meets convenience
Fingerprint ID login means fast, secure access to mobile banking. You can even temporarily lock your lost or misplaced card in seconds.
Never miss a thing
Put your payments on auto-pilot and get back to living, with AutoPay bill alerts.
Get started in 3 easy steps
Apply online in 10 minutes (5 for existing customers)
Get a response in 60 seconds
Activate your card
Other ways to apply
You can also apply over the phone or in branch
Frequently asked questions
Have you got questions about applying?
Still not sure?
Use our helpful credit card selector tool kit to compare our cards.
Conditions, fees and credit criteria apply.
This card is issued as a Visa card.
View the terms and conditions:
- Credit Card Conditions of Use
- Credit Card Accounts Fees and Charges
- Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this information, please consider if it's right for you.
Offers are not available in conjunction with any special offers that are not listed on www.banksa.com.au. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible.
^$0 annual fee in first year for Existing St.George customers promotion: To be eligible for this promotion you must be an existing St.George customer that applies for a new Vertigo or Vertigo Platinum card by clicking on the St.George customers 'Apply now’ button on this page between 30 September 2016 and 4 January 2017 and make your first purchase within 12 months from card approval. The first annual fee will be debited on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter on the anniversary of the first annual fee.
*The introductory rate of 1.00% p.a. on purchases is available when you apply for a new St.George credit card between 30 September 2016 and 4 January 2017. The introductory rate will be applied from card approval and expires 12 months after the date of card approval. At the end of this period the introductory purchase rate will switch to the variable purchase rate then applicable to your card account and any purchases that remain unpaid at that time will revert to the standard variable purchase rate then applicable to your card account.
1. Three additional cards can be issued on the primary cardholder's credit card account to any nominated person 16 or older provided the account is not a joint account. All transactions using an additional card will be the responsibility of the primary cardholder.
2. The promotional balance transfer rate is available when you apply for a new St.George Vertigo Platinum card between 30 September 2016 and 4 January 2017 and request at application to transfer balance(s) from non- St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. The variable purchase interest rate applies to balance transfers requested at any other time. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible. The balance transfer rate is not available in conjunction with any other promotion unless specified. Promotional rate will apply to any balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 95% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period, unless the amount is paid off earlier. The variable purchase rate will apply to balance(s) transferred but left unpaid after the promotional period. Card activation will trigger the processing of the balance transfer. St.George will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). Interest free days don’t apply to balance transfers.
3. Visa Platinum/Concierge (“Concierge”) is serviced by a third party supplier. By accessing or using the Concierge, or attempting to do so, you are deemed to have understood and agreed to the terms of usage.
4. QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 which allows eligible St.George account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions, of the group policy, are set out in the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions, which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by calling 13 13 76 or download the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions.