Learning to Budget
Credit cards can offer great convenience and freedom, and can be a source of funds in an emergency. The key to enjoying these benefits and minimising your fees and charges is to manage your budget and know what the fees and charges are for your credit card.
Start by choosing the right card to suit your needs. Do this by checking the interest rates, annual fees and product features.
Once you have selected your card, stay on budget by minimising your fees and charges. Know how long any interest free period on purchases is (if applicable) and when it applies, and what the interest rates, annual fees and the other fees and charges. If you have any questions about St.George credit cards, compare our credit cards, use our product selector, visit a branch or call us on 13 33 30.
Another tip to stay on budget is to keep track of your spending. At St.George, you can do this through Internet Banking, Phone Banking, Mobile Banking and SMS and Email Alerts. It’s your money and when you know what’s going on, it’s easier to stick to a budget.
- Get more from your St.George credit card by learning how to minimise fees and charges
- Keep control of your fees and charges by making regular repayments
- Pay your closing balance in full by the statement due date to take advantage of any interest free days on purchases (if applicable)
- Check out the ways you can stay informed about your account balance.
- A team of specialists who will take the time to understand your situation
- Discuss payment arrangements
- Contact St.George Assist directly on 1800 629 795 Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (Sydney time).
- Consider consolidating your debts by rolling all your debts into a single loan
- You could take advantage of a lower interest rate or balance transfer period to get ahead
- Make a plan and stick to it by keeping track of your repayments.
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this information, please read the terms and conditions of you selected product or service including any Product Disclosure Statement to consider if it is right for you. Conditions, fees and credit criteria apply.